Gore's Channel Takes Current Approach
- Can Cable Help Reduce Youth Violence? Schleiff, Henry // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p73
Comments on the role of cable television industry in reducing crimes against youth in the United States. Initiation of broad-based public service program; Creation of middle school curriculum; Comments of teachers and law enforcers on the program.
- National Show Star Power. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p48
Focuses on the appearance of former U.S. Vice President Al Gore at the National Show held in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2004. Information on Newsworld International, partly owned by Gore; Reaction of the cable industry to the entrance of Gore in the cable television business; Views on a clip...
- AL GORE, CABLE GUY? WORKS FOR INDUSTRY. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p24
Comments on the plan of former U.S. vice president Al Gore to enter into the cable TV business. Plan to buy Newsworld International from Vivendi Universal Entertainment; Amount to be invested in the proposed acquisition; Political setbacks of his plan.
- Alternative Media: How Alternative Is It? // Extra!;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the independent television channel Democracy Now! that serves as a contrast for cable television programs and offers information on the business strategy used by Democracy to penetrate the cable television market.
- HBO Programs Partnerships for Inner-city Teens. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on the mentoring programs of Home Box Office (HBO) company for the urban youth of New York City and Los Angeles, California. Background of the mentoring programs; Requirement for starting a corporate mentoring program; Information on other volunteer programs of HBO.
- Smith plays the Base. Masson, Gordon // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p72
Reports on the launch of the MTV Base channel produced by MTV Networks Africa at the Ster Kinekor Top Star drive-in movie theater in Africa on April 20, 2005. Importance of the television channel to African youth; Contribution of MTV Base to the efforts of the company to campaign for safe sex;...
- GORED AGAIN. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the plans of former U.S. Vice President Al Gore and his partner entrepreneur and Democratic fundraiser Joel Hyatt for Newsworld International news network expressed at the National Show in May 2004. Challenges facing Gore in the cable industry; Link of Newsworld with DirectTV; Views...
- Gore comes up a winner for cable net. Crabtree, Susan; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/5/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 22, p1
Reports that former United States vice president Al Gore and business partner Joel Hyatt have closed a deal to buy the global-news cable television channel Newsworld International from Vivendi Universal SA. Plan by the buyers to overhaul the network to target young people with a wide range of...
- CTPAA Community Bridges Award. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p6A
Features the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the 2005 winner of the Cable Television Public Affairs Association Community Bridges Award, which recognizes outstanding, non-cable industry partner organizations and individuals taking part in cable public affairs initiatives. Number of...