Software Execs Want More Speed
- Cartoon draws from new studio. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cartoon Network is stepping up its animated television program output in the United States in 2001. Opening of the Burbank Animation Studio; List of animated television programs to be launched by the cable television network; Total value in programming budget allocated by Cartoon...
- Cable networks grab bigger overall share. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Looks at the competition provided by cable television networks to the big four television broadcast networks in time for the 1998 November sweeps in the United States. Increase in prime-time household delivery by advertisement-supported cable networks; Increase in cable networks' collective...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Cable's Growth Continues. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the increase in cable television audience in the U.S. as of July 2002. List of launched series which helped increase individual network ratings; Cable networks which experienced decline in household ratings; Suggestion on increasing the flow of audience from broadcast to cable.
- Shocking Behavior. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Western Edition;06/14/99, Vol. 49 Issue 24, SPECIAL REPORT: CABLE p42
Looks at provocative television (TV) programs shown in cable networks in the United States. Reason for having these programs; Examples of TV programs; Target audience; Comments from cable network executives.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the programming of cable television networks in the U.S. in March 2006. Programs that will be launched by the networks; Schedule of the programs.
- FTV. Kinsley, Michael // New Republic;7/4/94, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p42
Presents an article about the U.S. cable network called the Funeral Channel which was launched on July 4, 1994. Idea behind the launching of the network; Emphasis of the network on the restoration of the glamour to being on television; Account of the author's exposure on the television show...
- Zotzed! Carson, Tom // Esquire;Sep2001, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p94
Reports on the impact of cable television on television networks in the United States. Trends in television programming; Type of television programs broadcasting networks are angling against cable programs.
- Cable's top 25. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p42
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week of March 15 to 21, 1999. Includes `WWF Wrestling'; `Rugrats'; `Die Hard.'