Indecency Alcatraz Could Afflict Cable
- I want my MTVâ€¦Where did it go? // Advertising Age;4/19/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 17, pS-14
This sections presents the old and new locations of assorted cable and broadcast channels on some of the U.S. larger local system, such as Seattle, Washington and Austin, Texas, as of April 1993. The cable TV companies have reconfigured the channels of their cable system in order to create...
- Trapdoor slams on new chanels. Weinstein, Steve // Advertising Age;11/30/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 49, p26
This article deals with the difficulty of launching a cable network in the U.S. following the reregulation of the cable television industry. Many cable operators are warning that the cable legislation will make it more difficult to carry new networks. The battle for clearances was tough before...
- Angel of Smaller Operators. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p21
Discusses the efforts of the American Cable Association to aid small-market cable operators as of February 28, 2005. Importance of separating laws for large- and small-market operators; Services provided by the association to help the operations of small-market operators; History of the...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the decision by the municipal government in Taunton, Massachusetts to withdraw its proposed launching of cable TV service. Reason for the decision of the municipal government.
- Nets Turn Up July Heat. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of the cable broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of August 2004. Share of cable television in the viewing market; Improvement in the household ratings of cable; Programs added in cable television.
- Raging Debate on VOD Still Hasn't Delivered the Hits. Moss, Linda; Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p1
Deals with the issue concerning the employment of video on demand (VOD) television programming in the U.S. in April 2005. Remarks from Fox Cable Networks Group executive vice president of affiliate sales and marketing Lindsay Gardner on VOD investment; Efforts of cable operators to develop a...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2005. Acquisition of Wisdom Media by America Online Inc.; Airing of the Emmy Awards; Launch of the "Ultimate Poker Challenge," television series by INHD.
- A Year of Living Cautiously. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p2A
Presents an update on the condition of cable television market in the U.S. as of February 2004. Issues on which decisions are made at corporate headquarters; Increase in the number of subscribers of the top cable systems in January 2004; Percentage of penetration made by the Houston, Texas...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...