ADELPHIA SOLD TO TIME WARNER, COMCAST
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- At the Portals. // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article focuses on the information sought by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from Comcast and Time Warner regarding the proposed Adelphia acquisition. Details of the requests made by the FCC are provided.
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.
- Adelphia Winners Divvy Up Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p8
This article reports on the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Time Warner will gain control of the Los Angeles, Dallas and Cleveland market, while Comcast will take charge of the Florida, Minneapolis and Pittsburgh market. Control of a national...
- Cash and Cable. Grossman, Andrew // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. to bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. as of October 4, 2004. Information on a deal between Comcast Corp. and Time Warner; Benefits of acquiring Adelphia to the companies; Effect of the bid on the bondholders of Adelphia.
- FTC OK's Adelphia Deal. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on the acquisition of Adelphia by Time Warner and Comcast. Value of the acquisition; Plans of the two companies on Adelphia; Statement of the commission on the decision.
- TW Hopes for Full FCC. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p41
Focuses on the delay in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's approval of the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Claim made by satellite providers that Comcast and Time Warner will emerge from the deal with so much regional market clout;...
- Adelphia Resets Plan. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the changes in the fourth plan of reorganization filed by Adelphia Communications Corp. that it hopes will speed up its bankruptcy process and pave the way for its acquisition by Time Warner and Comcast Corp. Conditions set by the reorganization plan for bondholders; Reduction in the...
- Adelphia's settlement: $715 mil. Andersen, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/26/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Adelphia Communications Corp. said that it has reached a $715 million deal with the government that will settle fraud charges and keep the company free of criminal charges as it emerges from bankruptcy. In December, Adelphia said that it wanted to settle for $325...