Raging Debate on VOD Still Hasn't Delivered the Hits
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Coen Watch: Cable TV. Coen, Robert; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-20
Provides an outlook on cable television (TV) broadcasting in the U.S. for 1992. Reason that cable TV has more to look forward to than most other media industries; Expected increase in average unit prices for cable networks in 1992.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- OPERATORS GIVE ESPN HIGH MARKS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the value attributed by U.S. cable television (TV) operators to ESPN cable TV network according to a study by Beta Research Corp. Amount that cable operators pay for ESPN per month; Other highly valued cable TV networks among operators.
- ALMOST ALL IN THE FAMILY. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the plan of top cable television operators in the U.S. to offer a profanity-free, sex-free bundle of channels to television consumers according to Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Crunch Time for Cable Start-Ups. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Deals with the challenges faced by entrepreneurs who are planning to launch a cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Factors that contributed to the difficulties in cable network launching; Comments from cable television experts about the difficulties in launching cable television network; Factors...
- Cable Hears Parity Calling. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
Deals with the growth in primetime ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. in January 2004 and its impact on their cost-per-thousand (CPM) pricing. Effect on the CPM gap between cable and broadcast networks; Percentage of increase in prime ratings of cable networks; Implications of the...
- Cable's 2nd-Quarter Ratings Flat. // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the cable television network ratings in the United States for the second quarter which ended June 27, 2001 based on Discovery Network's analysis of Nielsen Media Research audience measurement. Growth in ratings of Lifetime; Rating of TNN; Decline in the ratings of TBS and TNT.
- Cable's Originals. // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p36
Presents a calendar listing of upcoming original cable television programming in the U.S. from October 18, 2004 through February 1, 2005.