Mail-order domestic partners
- Second Circuit Denies Gay Mexican Asylum Claim. Uselton, Ruth // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2007, p199
The article reports on the U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals denial of asylum to a gay Mexican man, because he filed the application too late. The court also rejected his application for withholding of removal and for relief under the Convention Against Torture because he feared persecution in...
- European Courts Issue Important Gay Rights Decisions on November 7. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Dec2013, p413
The article discusses several European court cases dealing with gay rights issues. It notes the Minister for Immigration and Asylum v. X, Y, & Z case wherein the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg upheld the right of persecuted gay people to seek asylum in Europe. The article mentions the...
- SHORT TAKES: San Francisco, CA. // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p53
Reports that a petition has been filed in the U.S. Supreme Court requesting a review of the Immigration and Naturalization Service policy of excluding gays from the country.
- NATIONAL: House Bill Would End Antigay INS Policy. // Advocate;4/3/80, Issue 289, p7
Reports on the introduction of a bill in the House of Representatives in the U.S. to amend the immigration law related to gays. Initiation of the bill; Support of the Dutch parliament and Gay Rights National Lobby to the proposal.
- NATIONAL: Judge Rules Gay German Can't Be a U.S. Citizen; Cites 'Moral Decay' // Advocate;4/3/80, Issue 289, p7
Reports on the denial of citizenship status to a homosexual German man by a federal judge in the U.S.
- Way to go, Susan Davis! // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2003, Issue 794, p12
Comments on California Congressmember Susan Davis' co-sponsorship of the Permanent Partners Immigration Act. Enabling of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor a same-sex partner for immigration purposes; Gay community's approval of Davis' bill.
- Immigration is hot election issue. Rau, Krishna // Xtra (Toronto);
The article examines why the gay community in Canada should be concerned about the amendment of the immigration laws.
- Deported -- what happened next? Godrej, Dinyar // New Internationalist;Jun2010, Issue 433, p4
The article introduces a series of articles about people who have gone through the deportation process. The articles include "Desperate Journey," by Dinyar Godrej about the deportation of Emmanuel Njoya, an article on the statistics of worldwide deportation, the article "The Man in the...
- A glimpse of what we're fighting for. Rosendall, Richard J. // Bay Windows;
The article relates the author's experience as a gay man involved with a man named Patrick whose permanent asylum application was denied by Belgium. I was worried that Patrick would lose his appeal and he would be deported back to Africa. One of his uncles there attacked him with a knife in...