Grilled cheese still no.1
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- TO BOOST `SPECIAL SALES': SC schools serving branded chicken. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Greenville City School District in South Carolina created its own branded chicken filet sandwich to increase high school Special Sales revenues. Ingredients of the CluxDelux chicken filet sandwich; Features of the CluxDelux Meal Deal; Details on the success of the CluxDelux.
- Ethnic specialties rule. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Describes the popularity of deli sandwiches and salads in schools in the U.S. as of August 2002. Percentage of students at Kent Place School in Summit, New Jersey who will choose items from the deli bar; Recipe for Thousand Island Dressing from Kent Place; Price for a regular deli sandwich at...
- Paper profits. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p15
Describes how Erie School District in Pennsylvania increased the sales of hot sandwiches in school year 1998-99 by simply wrapping the items with colorful aluminum foil. Comments of Bill Marshall, district general manager of food services for the Metz & Associates managed-account; Idea...
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers SANDWICHES. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the increase in the demand for sandwiches with upscale ingredients in the United States. Efforts of on-site operators to please the increasingly sophisticated palates of customers who want more upscale breads and sandwich ingredients; Sandwich selections at Ashland University's...
- MEALTIME COMBOS. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p75
Reports the availability of soups and sandwich meals in schools in the United States. Importance of freshness in school sandwich programs; Move of the University of South California in Los Angeles to install Bistro Soups bar in the school; Reasons for the popularity of soups and sandwiches in...
- Today's top five duos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Deals with several popular soups and sandwiches in schools in the United States. Daily favorite sandwiches and soups in secondary schools in Chicopee, Massachusetts; Popular soups and sandwiches in elementary schools; Creation of sandwiches by schools in Anchorage, Arkansas.
- School Adds Subway Concept. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Kecoughtan High School in Hampton City, Virginia has opened a Subway food service concept station. Julia Bryant, director of food and nutrition services, says she has decided to put the Subway in because of customer suggestions. Bryant adds that the Subway sandwiches fit...