Creating specialty items
- Top-movers on campus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the popularity of paninis or deli sandwiches in colleges and universities in the U.S. as of August 2002. Options of sandwiches offered at Columbia University in New York City; Basic sandwiches and wraps offered daily at the International Cafe in Pennsylvania College of Technology;...
- DELI GROWS IN CAMPUS REC CENTER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on a deli called Sidelines opened by the food service team at the University of North Texas in Denton in August 2003. Sales performance of the deli; Types of sandwiches served at Sidelines; Other food items offered at the deli.
- Dining Destination of the Future. Seelye, Katheleen // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features the food emporium, a big trend in food industry with the traditional foodservice and grab-and-go foods in Iowa. Offer of convenience compared to retail stores; Commodities found in emporiums; Impact of the addition of the emporium in college campuses; College campuses adapting the trend.
- Self-Ops: Sales up 3.4%, food purchases grow 2.7%. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p61
Describes the status of colleges and universities self-operating foodservice in the United States. Overall spending for foodservice; Food purchases; Student spending; Purchasing of meals in retail environment; Increases in traditional board-plan/meal-plan activity.
- Participation Sensation! // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the street food concept offered by dining management services provider in the U.S. METZ Culinary Management, as a creative way to boost student participation in the campus dining program held in Lebanon Valley College in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Gannon grabs relief. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the launch of the InterMetzo foodservice establishment at Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. The operation allows students, faculty and staff to purchase specialty coffees and teas, pastries, sandwiches and salads in between classes or meetings. It also gives general...
- Campus deli grabs more to-go sales. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Columbia University dining services Uris Deli and Ferris Booth Fresh are expecting to increase their sales at a delivery in the business school, due to the launch of an upscale grab-and-go program. Everyday the restaurants offer six to eight salad choices and 10 to 12...
- Good Things in Small Packages. // Food Management;Mar2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the 20% increase generated by Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota in dinner participation when it introduced a Slider Bar as a special menu option for one night. With more than a thousand students who have participated, Concordia plans to repeat the same promotion....
- Catering Revenues Up on College Campuses. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p23
Details findings of a survey conducted by Cini-Little International which showed that majority of campus foodservices are enjoying revenue gains from on-campus catering business. Annual catering revenues of school foodservice; Challenges encountered by foodservice operators; Main job...