Hand-helds sell best
- Eight chefs win first Caribbean Basin competition. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p50
Focuses on the First International Foodservice Competition for the Caribbean Basin in Chicago, Illinois. Requirements of the competition; Details on the winners of the competition; Information on the prizes of the contest.
- Exotic Destination. Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p47
Presents an overview of menu and cooking innovations that are likely to arise in the United States in 2001. Increased popularity of ethnic cuisines; Enhancement of quality of food; Overall increase in variety; Evolution of traditional conception of what constitutes a meal.
- O Canada! Dornblaser, Lynn // Prepared Foods;Mar94, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p29
Highlights food manufacturers who exhibited their products at the fourth annual 1994 Quebec Gourmet Show in Montreal. Includes Nostrano; Le Specialites Prodal Ltee.; Culimer; Fritz Kaiser; Les Gateries de Sophie; Les Desserts Sublime; Lassonde Industries.
- FI Europe embodies ingredient trends. O'Donnell, Claudia D. // Prepared Foods;Jan96, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p39
Reports on the products introduced at the Food Ingredients Europe. Current trends in ingredient development and use; Perceptions on stabilizers; Use of food additives. INSET: Growing global..
- Defining and refining New World Cuisine. // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct94, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p85
Presents menu ideas from some ethnic food restaurants in the United States. Oriental squid salad with Thai lemon vinaigrette from Z Contemporary Cuisine in Cleveland, Ohio; Mongolian lamb with bamboo offshoots and hoisin sauce from Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills, Calif.; Chicken satay with Thai...
- International scientists deliver ingredient technology tips. O'Donnell, Claudia Dziuk // Prepared Foods;Jan98, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on ingredients in the food industry, highlighting the Food Ingredients Europe show held in London in November, 1997. Information on the development of the food and drink market in various countries; Details on presentations that were covered at the exhibition; Comments from individuals...
- Veal's appeal: Versatility and savings create haute... Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p31
Focuses on veal which have started acquiring newfound cachet in the food industry. Advantages of serving veal; Restaurants that offer veal; Types of veal menu served in restaurants.
- Hitting the sauce. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/1/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4233, p50
Investigates the claims made for cooking sauces. Demand for cooking sauces in the catering industry; Advantage to contract caterers of buying cooking sauces; Application of cooking sauces in food carts and kiosks.
- WHAT'S HOT IN San Jose, Calif. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p44
Highlights several restaurants with specialties in San Jose, California. Address of A.P. Stump's; Prizes of foods; Names of owners and chefs; Contact information.
- Ruminations 3: Pets, beefs & main men. Michaelides, Stephen // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p28
Ponders on food service industry-related issues and home cooking. Decline in popularity of home cooking; Increase in frequency of dining out; Shortage in skillfull domestic cookers; Nabisco Foods' recognition of need for educated chefs; `Beyond Beef/The Pure Food Campaign'; Excerpt from speech...