Prices still barrier to organic food buys
- Warning Signs for Organic/Natural in New Data? Orgel, David // SN: Supermarket News;7/12/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 28, p8
In this article, the author comments on the economic aspects of the organic foods industry and the high price of the organic products.
- Price still the deterrent to organic purchase. // British Baker;10/22/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p13
The article presents a report from YouGov SixthSense which reveals that price continues to be a strong deterrent to organic food purchase in Great Britain.
- TWO SHOPPING LISTS. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 168, p16
Presents a chart on the prices of organic foods in a grocery store in Ontario as of November 2002. Eggs; Milk; Carrots.
- Higher Prices Endanger Whole Health's Value Image. VOSBURGH, ROBERT // SN: Supermarket News;5/16/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 20, p9
The article presents the author's views on the impact of high prices of organic foods on their value image.
- Organic sales continue to rise as 'mistrust' grows. Gault, Beth // Grocer;10/29/2016, p42
The article reports on the increase in sales of organic food by 6 percent in Great Britain in 2015 due to the consumers' growing level of mistrust of the food industry.
- Rock star prices help dent organic food sales. // Meat Trades Journal;9/2/2011, p4
The article reports on consumer perception on the impact of price to organic food sales.
- Eating organic food, not just an elitist craze. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;3/30/2013, p11
The article reports on the perception of Indian consumers on organic food as an elitist product due to its high prices, as of March 2013.
- HollÃ¤nder grÃ¼nden Kontor fÃ¼r Bio-Eier. Dirk, Lenders // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/31/2014, Issue 5, p22
The article announces that Holland is setting up an office for organic eggs in order to market them and receive better prices for them.
- Kleine HÃ¶fe beenden den Ã–kolandbau. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;3/1/2013, Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the German natural food industry and states a decrease in the number of organic farms for 2012 due to the low salaries, marketing problems, and high raw material costs based on a study by the German ThÃ¼nen-Institute.