Prices still barrier to organic food buys
- Warning Signs for Organic/Natural in New Data? Orgel, David // SN: Supermarket News;7/12/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 28, p8
In this article, the author comments on the economic aspects of the organic foods industry and the high price of the organic products.
- Price still the deterrent to organic purchase. // British Baker;10/22/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p13
The article presents a report from YouGov SixthSense which reveals that price continues to be a strong deterrent to organic food purchase in Great Britain.
- TWO SHOPPING LISTS. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 168, p16
Presents a chart on the prices of organic foods in a grocery store in Ontario as of November 2002. Eggs; Milk; Carrots.
- Higher Prices Endanger Whole Health's Value Image. VOSBURGH, ROBERT // SN: Supermarket News;5/16/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 20, p9
The article presents the author's views on the impact of high prices of organic foods on their value image.
- Rock star prices help dent organic food sales. // Meat Trades Journal;9/2/2011, p4
The article reports on consumer perception on the impact of price to organic food sales.
- Eating organic food, not just an elitist craze. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;3/30/2013, p11
The article reports on the perception of Indian consumers on organic food as an elitist product due to its high prices, as of March 2013.
- HollÃ¤nder grÃ¼nden Kontor fÃ¼r Bio-Eier. Dirk, Lenders // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/31/2014, Issue 5, p22
The article announces that Holland is setting up an office for organic eggs in order to market them and receive better prices for them.
- Kleine HÃ¶fe beenden den Ã–kolandbau. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;3/1/2013, Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the German natural food industry and states a decrease in the number of organic farms for 2012 due to the low salaries, marketing problems, and high raw material costs based on a study by the German ThÃ¼nen-Institute.
- Organic, GMO-free claims gaining steam. JACOBSEN, JESSICA // Beverage Industry;Jun2014, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the Washington, D.C.-based organic business organization Organic Trade Association's (OTA) organic industry survey conducted by periodical "Nutrition Business Journal" in 2013. Mentioned is the increase of sales for organic products by 11.5 percent. Also noted is the...