What do you know about them: High-protein foods
- GOING GREEN. KALMAN, DOUGLAS // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct2012, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p38
A question and answer on committing to a vegetarian diet, while maintaining high protein and calorie intake is presented.
- Americans' Protein Sources Vary. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Discusses a research which determined the specific food sources for protein in the typical diet of Americans.
- What Are the Dietary Protein Requirements of Physically Active Individuals? New Evidence on the Effects of Exercise on Protein Utilization During Post-Exercise Recovery. Fielding, Roger A.; Parkington, Jascha // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p191
Abstract Exercise and physical activity increase energy expenditure up to 10-fold. This brief review will focus on the effect of exercise on protein requirements. Evidence has accumulated that amino acids are oxidized as substrates during prolonged submaximal exercise. In addition, studies have...
- More protein, ma'am? B.L. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Sep95, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p12
Presents an excerpt from the `American Journal of Clinical Nutrition' on the effects of too little protein on older women. Need for at least 50 grams of protein a day.
- Protein power. Carroll, Cindy // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p11
Presents a discussion on protein in the diet. Higher protein requirements for exercisers; Negative impact of two much protein; Tips on fulfilling protein requirements.
- How much protein is enough? // Consumer Reports on Health;Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Offers some guidelines for including the right amount of protein in the diet. INSET: Balanced diet, 21st-century version.
- Protein pitfalls. Knudsen, Christie // American Fitness;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p67
Focuses on the impact of exceeding or easing protein requirements on one's health. Benefits of protein; Serious health problems associated with a protein-poor diet; Disadvantages of protein.
- Pack in the Protein. Walsh, Julie // Bicycling;Oct2002, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p91
Offers information on protein-rich foods ideal for cyclists.
- Do we eat too much protein? // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan1994, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the health risks involved in high-protein in take. Study on the effects of high animal protein diet on blood cholesterol; Effect of protein on cancer; Effect of low-protein content in health; Recommended protein allowance; Fish and meat alternatives. INSET: `Complete' protein: An...