Nutrition: Healthy trend cuts across all segments
- 30 YEARS...AND COUNTING. Jacobson, Michael F. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p2
Deals with the changes in food and health in the United States from 1970 to 2001. Incentive for people to eat better in the 1970s; Typical meals in the 1970s; Recommendations for the government.
- Hygiene news. // Food Manufacture;Aug97, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p13
Presents information on issues pertaining to the health and hygiene in the food manufacturing industry. Why temperature is the most important factor in meat-cutting plants; Details on a rapid hygiene monitoring system from Diversey Lever company; Information on Ro-Dor different roller shutter...
- Low fat no fat. Tuley, Liz // Food Manufacture;Nov97, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p21
Reports that fat-reduction or replacements in food has become the focus of attention in the food industry. Key examples of `low fat no fat' products; Major breakthrough for the low-calorie fats sector; Information on Benefat products; Legislation for low-calorie fats in Europe.
- Hygiene news. // Food Manufacture;Apr98, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p10
Presents news information on hygiene procedures in the food industry and trade in the United Kingdom. Use of Gerni high-pressure washers by Chivers Hartley company for its food-processing plant; Launch of an External Quality Assessment (EQA) scheme by the Public Health Laboratory Service...
- Hygene news. // Food Manufacture;Jul98, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p9
Presents information on hygiene news relating to the food industry in Great Britain. Details on the European Harmonised Standards; What the standards were written to support; Information on approval given to the microbiological test procedure, Rapid Test; In-depth look at the European...
- A clean up for hygiene. Loughney, Chris // Food Manufacture;Jul98, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p27
States that food processors are paying close attention to the hygiene of plant equipment and machinery which come in contact with food. Information on the Biocidal Products Directive; Type of evaluation to be conducted under the Directive; Details on Laporte Hygiene. INSET: Campden approves...
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Approach to Food Safety Past, Present, and Furture. Bryan, Frank L. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr1999, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p9
Examines the highlights of the evolution of the hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) concept in environmental health. Application; Principles behind the concept; Implementation of HACCP systems for food-processing operations.
- Outlook for eggs is sunny-side up. Ohr, Linda M. // Prepared Foods;Jun98, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p101
Examines the benefits of eggs. Findings of a study on the health benefits of egg; Significance of further-processed egg to food processing.
- Increase in eating on-the-go jeopardizes health. // MarketWatch: Food;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the effects of eating on-the-go on health in Europe. Overriding the need for convenience; Perception of products being sold as healthy.
- A functional pharmacopoeia. Best, Daniel // Prepared Foods;Apr96, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the increase in healthy eating and looks at how the food industry can contribute more to this. Different factors which influence selection of food components; Functions of carnitine and chromium; Food rich in carnitine and chromium; Protection of food against oxidation; Information...