Military: Brands, buying alliances team with vending
- Some Dining Facilities Go a la carte. Snyder, Lisa Beth // Soldiers;Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the implementation of an a la carte system at several dining facilities of the United States Army in August 2001. Facilities selected; Military officials affected by the system.
- Magnificent Mess Halls. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
Presents the recipients of the awards given by the United States Army to foodservice professionals. Location; Type of dining facility.
- What's New. Brenci, John // Soldiers;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p12
Provides information on the United States Army. Techniques in making coins; Details on their boat patrol operation in Rijeka, Croatia; Awards received in food service.
- Pizza's Brave New World. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the development of a shelf-stable pizza that would be good for up to three years by the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center.
- Army expands branded theme concepts. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p22
Announces the United States Army's development of different branded theme concepts to help soldiers on base during their leisure activities. Strike Zone's standard bowling center snack-bar fare; Primo's Italian Restaurant; Sports USA bar; Mulligan's golf course club house fare.
- MILITARY CHEFS DO BATTLE: US Army chefs win world title. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p2
Reports that the United States Army Culinary Arts Team won the World Championship Title in the International Culinary Olympics held in Erfurt, Germany, in October 2000. How they won in the contest; Members of the team.
- Connelly awards. // Army Reserve Magazine;Summer98, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p43
Presents information on the winners of the 1998 Philip A. Connelly Wards for food excellence in the food service, in the United States Army Reserves. Identification of the winners.
- DESPITE CHANGE IN MGMT.: Fort Sill repeats as top Army dining operation. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the U.S. Army's 2002 Philip A. Connelly Award for Excellence in Army Food Service given to the 95th Adjutant General Reception Battalion, Field Artillery Training Center at Fort Sill in Oklahoma. Criteria met by the food service facility; Facilities and amenities available; Details of...
- Connelly awards. // Army Reserve Magazine;Fall97, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p27
Reports that Top Reserve units received accolades during the Philip A. Connelly Awards Program for Excellence in Army Food Service ceremony held in spring 1997. Company which took top honors in the US Army Reserve field kitchen operations; Runner-up unit.