School meals are higher in saturated fats today
- Did you know... // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the popularity of high-fat, superpremium ice cream brands in the United States.
- The FAT in 30 common foods. // Body Bulletin;Feb1992, p2
Presents a list of 30 common foods and their fat grams. Includes bread, cereal, milk products, eggs, poultry and more.
- Equal rights for lunch choices. // Current Health 2;Feb1991, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the differences between the sources of dietary fats for men and of those for women. What to choose.
- Is it really fat free? // Current Health 2;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p2
States that food labels indicating fat free products may be a misrepresentation, with reference to pretzels, labelled as fat free. Information on why there is no such thing as fat free products; Reference to the Food and Drug Administration's perception of fat free products.
- The fats of life. // Current Health 1;Dec90, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the negative effects of high-fat foods. Problems with heart and arteries; Saliva and teeth; More cavities.
- Fats in our foods. // Current Health 1;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p24
Reveals the importance of taking in fats as well as its risks. Fatty acids as the building blocks of fats; Cholesterol; Cutting down on fats; Reading the labels.
- All About FATS. Orr, Tamra B. // Current Health 1;Dec2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p14
Presents information on the types of fatty acids and the required amount of fat intake.
- Why butter is good for you. Fallon, Sally; Connolly, Pat // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1996, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p10
Looks into the advantages and disadvantages of food's fat content. Factors contributing to the success of Pritikin diet; Fat chemistry; Estimates on physiologic need for polyunsaturated fats; Dangers of using margarine; Health benefits derived from butter. INSET: Why cholesterol is good for you..
- Subtle strategies to cut fat and boost flavor in your holiday meals. Broihier, Catherine // Environmental Nutrition;Nov92, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
Provides tips on how to cut down on fat intake without avoiding flavorful food during the holidays. Fat-free varieties; Alternatives; Cooking methods.
- Napkin test for grease with paper towel solution. // Environmental Nutrition;Jan1996, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Suggests the use of paper napkins or towels in removing grease from food.