U. of Maryland opens rec.ctr
- Adult health promotion programs focus of training. // Nation's Health;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the grant funds received by the University of Maryland at College Park for Adult Health and Development Program training. Mechanics of the training program.
- Don't call us, press office says. // Editor & Publisher;2/11/95, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the decision by the University of Maryland at College Park press office to reject reporters seeking out comments from legal scholars on the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
- UNIVERSITY OF Maryland. Weiner, Danielle // Teen Ink;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p34
The article presents information on the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland.
- Research seeks to address plastic-packaging failure. DM // Electronic Design;5/13/96, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p25
Reports on a research being conducted by the CALCE Electronic Packaging Research Center (EPRC) of the University of Maryland, to understand the ion diffusion in plastic-encapsulated microcircuits (PEMs). Other aims of the research; Information on an apparatus designed by CALCE EPRC.
- University of Maryland saves library school. // School Library Journal;Jan92, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p23
Reports that the University of Maryland, College Park, has decided to maintain the College of Library and Information Services (CLIS) as an autonomous unit within the University.
- Graphene prodded to spin at 60M rpm rate. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Dec2010, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p20
The article announces that the University of Maryland at College Part in Maryland has successfully measured a floating piece of graphene at a rate of 60 million rotations per minute (rpm).
- Young and Motivated. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;11/19/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the major companies involved in transportation and logistics trekked to the University of Maryland to recruit its best and brightest. Appreciation of the undergraduates specialization in e-commerce and supply-chain management; Integration of technology into the real world;...
- Happy new year. Davis, Seth; Anderson, Kelli // Sports Illustrated;1/20/97, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p85
Reports on the Maryland Terrapins men's collegiate basketball team. Their surprise upset of North Carolina's Tarheels; Their number 11 national ranking as of January 20, 1997; The impact of player Keith Booth; Team chemistry; Comments from Booth.
- Budget cuts and shared governance a faculty member's perspective. Miller, Gerald Ray // Academe;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p12
Reflects on the University of Maryland at College Park's experiences in facing financial problems from the point of view of a faculty member. The university's deliberative decision making process; Criteria of the school's Senate Executive Committee in considering proposals; Academic Planning...