Total cost runs $50,000
- New fixtures for kitchen and bath. // Architectural Record;Apr1991, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p45
Offers a look at some of the newest fixtures for kitchens and bathrooms, including cooktop components, Italian-designed faucets, and a whirlpool shower.
- Kitchens play the quality game. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1996, p34
Focuses on likely trends in kitchen furniture and built-in appliances in Great Britain. Preference for paler and subtle colors; Wooden styles; Integrated systems; Efforts of the merchant sector to sell the kitchen as a package. INSET: Quality issue gets seal of approval..
- Shrinking sinks; growing margins. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1996, p40
Focuses on changes in the design and use of kitchen sinks. Decrease in the size of sinks; Effects of the advent of dishwashers; Use of sinks as extra food preparation areas; Technological innovations in sinks in Great Britain.
- Country kitchens. // Country Living;Mar1985, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p94
Two kitchens are shown, one a separate storage larder adjacent to a 1730 main house which was restored and updated as a workable country kitchen. The other one shown is an Orient Point, NY home. Both show special furnishings such as bark-covered beams, punched-tin lights and cabinet-door...
- Country kitchens. // Country Living;Aug85, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p87
Two kitchens--both reminiscent of the past. One is in a new Texas log cabin that was built to look old. The other is in a restored carriage house in Calif., which still has its original wood cabinets, and old wooden transom windows.
- Timeless kitchen treasures. // Country Living;Oct86, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p126
Learn how to give your kitchen that down-home look with tea kettles to muffin tins made out of timeless graniteware, and copper cookware that can help add a warm accent.
- A kitchen for a crowd. // Country Living;Mar1989, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p106
Photo essay with text describing a kitchen for a large family. Over the years, the owners have adopted or cared for 20 children; 75-year-old house in Big Flats, N.Y.
- Spruced up with paint. Kopelow, P. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p122
Photo essay of a 1960s kitchen, inexpensively brought to life with fresh color, paint and new wallpaper by free-lance editor and photo stylist Kim Freeman.
- Classic Brittany kitchen. Walker, J. // Country Living;Sep90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p118
Photo essay of a classic Brittany home built in the early 18th century. Focuses on the period kitchen.
- Collector's kitchen. Kopelow, P. // Country Living;Sep90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p120
Photo essay of a Pennsylvania kitchen decorated with Quimper ware. Provincial atmosphere; Owner's decision to use, as well as display, the valuable French pottery.