Euro-kitchen concept to double dinner participation
- Youth violence. Lewis, Anne C. // Education Digest;Nov94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p67
- Design training at UCLA. Ferreira, Ted // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Mar93, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on how the evolution of UCLA's School of Theatre, Film and Television can be traced from a modest production of `The Persians,' to its current standing as one of the world's top-ranked institutions offering higher education in the study of performance, visual and media arts. Dean...
- Greatly exaggerated. // Architectural Record;Sep1993, Vol. 181 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the University of California at Los Angeles' (UCLA) proposal to join its Architecture/Urban Design program with the School of Arts. Formation of another School of Architecture and the Arts; Linking of Urban Planning program with School of Public Policy; Proposals as administrative.
- Untitled. Wachs, Martin // Planning;Sep93, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p42
Reports on the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) urban planning program. Chancellor Charles Young's proposal to disestablish the program along with other programs; UCLA Academic Senate's review of the proposal; Reduction of financial support for the program; Opposition to the proposal.
- Under the big top. Betsky, Aaron // Architectural Record;Mar1993, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p94
Features the Temporary Powell Library at the University of California, Los Angeles, by Hodgetts and Fung Design Associates. `Quickie shed' concept of inexpensive and temporary building; Using tent technologies; Tent fabric; Book-stack mezzanine and a wing-shaped tent over the main stacks;...
- Who's the One With the Problem? Goldsmith, Marshall // Talent Management;May2014, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of talking about the people of Los Angeles at a class at the Ph.D. program at UCLA.
- UCLA library goes under cover. // Library Journal;12/15/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 21, p15
Reports that while the university's undergraduate Powell Library receives a much needed earthquake upgrading, its materials are finding temporary quarters under a 36,000 square foot plastic-coated, mesh-fabric tent. What the tent structure will hold; Completion date, 1995; Nicknamed `Towell',...
- Univ. of Calif. merges food production, dining. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Features renovation of campus dining halls at the University of California, Los Angeles. Consultation of Marriott company; Comments from Mary Nivens, associate director of foodservices.
- Martyrs for multiculturalism. Leslie, Connie; Murr, Andrew // Newsweek;6/14/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 24, p77
Reports on demonstrations by students at the University of California, Los Angeles where officials pledged to improve the existing program on Chicano studies rather than create a special department for them. Comment by hunger striker Jorge Mancillas, assistant professor of biology at UCLA's...