Hosp. introduces debit card plan
- Untitled. // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p17
No abstract available.
- Debit is not just the future, it's now. // Bank Marketing;Dec94, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p6
Discusses the growth of debit cards. Debit cards as the fastest growing segment of plastic cards; Approximate combined number of VISA Check Cards, MasterMoney and Maestro cards/networks; Change of Visa's product's name from VISA Debit to VISA Check Card; Source of Visa's increase in volume;...
- Debit card usage at the point of sale is up significantly, say industry sources. The use of... // National Petroleum News;Feb94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the increased usage of debit cards to pay for retail products like gasoline or convenience store items.
- Return of the debit card. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/23/95, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the reemergence of the debit card. Nature of a debit card; Increase in the number of types of establishments that allows the use of debit cards for payment; Types of debit cards; Nature of offline and online debit cards; Advantages in using debit cards.
- Debit card transactions gaining momentum. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p21A
Reports on the growing popularity of debit card transactions. Advantages over credit cards; Advantages over check purchases; Reduction of flat period; Automated teller machine (ATM) cards; Affiliation with Visa or MasterCard; Risks due to absence of personal identification number (PIN);...
- You say `credit card,' I say `debit card'. Dobie, Maureen // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p15
Features on the use of debit cards in the United States. Target users; Subtracting from the user's checking account; Advantages of the debit card; Getting the same service as credit card users.
- Plastic lucre. Streeter, William W. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p18
Editorial. Deals with the use of ATM or debit cards. Electronic payment alternatives; Focus on debit-card research.
- Prepay? It's in the cards. Arend, Mark // ABA Banking Journal;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p71
Focuses on prepaid cards. Use of prepaid cards by European telephone companies and U.S. mass-transport systems; United Kingdom banks' Mondex card project; Use of prepaid cards in cafeterias and the Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway; Consumer opinion on the use of prepaid cards.
- Is it first and goal for debit cards? Lunt, Penny // ABA Banking Journal;Sep96, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p44
Focuses on issues concerning debit cards in the United States. Growth of the product; Areas where consumers use debit cards; Benefits of off-line debit cards for banks; Debit and point-of-sale user profile; Use of debit cards as a replacement for checks.
- Is off-line debit about to derail? O'Sullivan, Orla // ABA Banking Journal;Sep97, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p66
Presents information on off-line debit card transactions while relating to mastercards. Comments from the senior vice president of Visa United States of America, Robert Baker; Reference to the issuance of the visa check card; What consumers charged for a visa check card; Usage of off-line debit...