U. of Pittsburg redeploys brands
- Pitt prevails. Selz, Michael // Executive Report;Apr94, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p16
Presents an overview of the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Historical background; Employment rate; Research and development projects; Relation to the community; Completion of Pitt's Biotechnology Center; Budget allocations; Higher education programs; Implementation of cost-saving...
- Filling the Gaps in Bariatric Surgical Researchâ€”Correction. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/14/2005, Vol. 294 Issue 22, p2848
The correction is given for the misidentified University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's health plan, which was mentioned in the October 19, 2005 article "Filling the Gaps in Bariatric Surgical Research."
- Regional news: Northeast. // Modern Healthcare;08/18/97, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p22
Presents information on the restructuring of the relationship between the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and the University of Pittsburgh. Description of the reorganization; Details on the nine-hospital system.
- Pitt Library, Press Work Digitally. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;1/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on a joint initiative of The University of Pittsburgh University Library System and University of Pittsburgh Press (UPP). The two parties will enter into a partnership that will culminate in public access to electronic versions of UPP's complete backlist of some 500 titles....
- U. OF PITTSBURGH MCGOWEN INST, WINSS IBM SUR AWARD. // Mainframe Computing;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
The article announces the awarding of the 2010 Shared University Research (SUR) Award from IBM to the University of Pittsburgh's McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
- African American classroom at Pittsburgh U. // Black Collegian;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the establishment of the world's first classroom commemorating African culture at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Location of the classroom; Architectural design; Yoruba artist Lamidi Fakeye's carving of the classroom door to portray nine ancient medieval African kingdoms.
- Organizing university faculty for collective action in the U.S.: Corporatization, a divided... Ginsburg, Mark B.; Wion, Philip K. // Contemporary Education;1998, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p191
Discusses the efforts to organize faculty unions at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Difficulties experienced in bringing about a collective bargaining election due to the issue of definition of the bargaining unit; Differences in the community of interest among faculty.
- Electric meters lower rates, ease energy study. // American School & University;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p40j
Reports on the efforts of the University of Pittsburgh in Johnstown, Pennsylvania to cutdown in stockpiles of work by changing its billing arrangement. Use of the E-Mon system; Facilitation of energy studies.
- Pittsburgh is it. Modoono, Bill // Executive Report;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p46
Features Steven C. Pederson who was hired as athletic director at the University of Pittsburgh. Views on marketing; Importance of getting people to wear Pitt clothing; Why Pederson prefer `Pittsburgh' over `Pitt.'