`Outsourcing rate will grow by 20%.'
- Survey shows outsourcing is on the rise at hospitals. // Physician Executive;Oct1995, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the increase in the number of hospital contracts in the United States in 1995. Study by `Modern Healthcare' magazine; Significant increases in clinical/diagnostic equipment outsourcing.
- Harris County to outsource engineering, food operations. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of Harris County Hospital District in Houston, Texas to outsource its engineering and food operations services. Expected savings from the outsourcing.
- Who's been in my bed? Groves, Trish // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/24/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6723, p490
Reports the inadequacy of domestic services on hospitals in Glasglow, Scotland. Effect of the contracting out of hospital services; Review of the cleaning contracts; Importance of good accommodation in training hospitals.
- Hospitalists fan winds of change, and inpatient care won't be the same. Wachter, Robert M. // Managed Healthcare;Jan1998, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the benefits offered by outsourcing hospital care for patients, providers and payers in the United States. Hospitalist model of inpatient care; Involvement of a hospitalist in inpatient care; Higher level of patient satisfaction in the hospitalist model; Concern on the discontinuity...
- Survey reveals outsourcing of nonclinical services will grow. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the projected growth of the amount of outsourcing of nonclinical support services in hospitals in the United States.
- Outsiders on the inside track. Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;9/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p67
Reports on the findings of the Modern Healthcare's annual Contract Management Survey that hospitals in the United States are opting for outsourcing of some hospital services in view of financial reformation. Redefinition of both internal and external hospital services; Categorical spread of...
- Outsourcing is in for 1998, say industry researchers. // Health Facilities Management;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the trend in outsourcing in the United States. Why hospitals are outsourcing; Predicted amount that will be spent by hospitals on external support services in 1998.
- Outsourcing is in. Boothby, Suzy // Health Facilities Management;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the trend among hospitals to outsource some types of services. Discussion on the services which hospitals most commonly outsource; Prediction that hospitals will continue to outsource services; Factors for an effective outsourcing agreement. INSETS: Creating an outsourcing agreement...
- Outsourcing: a touchy topic. Verricchia, A. J. // Health Facilities Management;Nov98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p14
Presents information about outsourcing in the health care industry. How a department can reduce operating costs; Factors driving areas in hospitals to outsource; Things to be done when considering outsourcing.
- From The Top. Phillips, Glen // Health Facilities Management;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the ten rules for outsourcing hospital linen service. Options for having high-quality, sanitary linen; Questions that should be considered before considering linen service; Common argument heard from launderers and linen suppliers.