Duke U. speeds customer service in student center
- Jocks with books. Adler, J. // Newsweek;1/9/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p60
Talks about Notre Dame and Duke, two colleges ranked at the top in football and basketball that also graduate the highest proportion of varsity athletes and give athletes no special course choices.
- Wireless infrared networking in The Duke Paperless Classroom. Stetten, George D.; Guthrie, Scott D. // T H E Journal;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p87
Reports on the participation of freshmen in Durham, North Carolina-based Duke University's Department of Biomedical Engineering in the full-scale classroom test of diffused infrared (IR) networking known as `The Duke Paperless Classroom.' Subject of the course; Identification of products used;...
- Health care. Cintron, Ivan; Polyak, Illana // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p6
Focuses on the investment credit outlook for Duke University Hospital in Durham, North Carolina as of July 1998. Impact of the hospital's acquisition plans on its credit outlook; Total outstanding debt of Duke; Features of the bond offering by Duke for the summer of 1998.
- Duke evaluates new dining plan. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p5
Provides information on the dining program introduced to first years students at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. What the First Year Plan includes; Benefits of the programs to the students. INSET: Coming soon: Chinese restaurant set..
- Krakatau recovering. // Science Teacher;Jan96, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p12
Reports that researchers at the Duke University have documented a resurgence of life and underlying soils on one of the remaining island fragments of Krakatau. Accumulation of organic matter in the soil of Rakata; Transformation of inorganic phosphorus into organic phosphorus.
- Duke. Thibeault, Danielle // 21st Century;Jun97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p21
A review is offered for the Duke University located in Durham, North Carolina.
- Tip top. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;08/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p38
Presents information on Duke University's Talent Identification Program, for gifted high school students. What the program offers; When the program was introduced; Number of students that participated in the summer program; Definition of a gifted student. INSET: The federal definition of a...
- Corrections. // Newsweek;8/14/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p16
A correction to the graphic "Tales of the Tape" accompanying the article "Doubts About Duke" that was published in the June 26, 2006 issue is presented.
- Duke launches $20 million renovation in student union. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
Presents information on the food service operations at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, highlighting the projects introduced to enhance the quality of the service offered. When the programs were launched; Details on renovations which are expected to be made at the university; Expected...