Bank sends cookies to corporate clients
- Northern Trust turning focus to the new rich. Chase, Brett // American Banker;3/19/97, Vol. 162 Issue 53, p10
Features the Northern Trust Corp.'s strategy in selling banking services to millionaires in the United States. Provision of institutional trust from the bank; Total amount of trust fee revenues; Chairman and chief executive officer of the bank; Plans of mergers; Divisions of the company.
- Northern Trust Hard Hit by Enron Mess. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;1/15/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p3
Predicts that Northern Trust Corp. will not be effected by the problems caused by Enron Corp. debacle.
- L.A. County amends securities lending pact. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p49
Reports that the $5.2 billion Los Angeles City Employees' Retirement System amended its securities lending contract with Northern Trust to be slightly more aggressive in the investment of cash collateral obtained in the lending of the fund's securities.
- Northern Trust Bolsters Investment, Wealth Units. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;11/24/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 226, p15
Reports on Northern Trust Corp.'s naming of senior vice presidents in its investment and wealth management units.
- Do the waiters count? Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/11/97, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p42
Presents information on the Northern Trust Company's warnings in its private dining room. What are the warnings.
- Northern Trust suffers a pair of high-level defections. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;12/19/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 243, p7
Reports on the restructuring of Northern Trust Co.'s management. Resignation of Loren A. Hansen; Candidates for vacant positions; Appointments.
- Northern Trust looks outward with aggressive expansion plan. Chase, Brett; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;5/6/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 86, p1
Reports that Northern Trust Corporation is embarking on an expansion plan. Increase in company's network offices; Comments from William A. Osborn, chief executive of Northern; Acquisitions bank made in 1995; Expansion of personal trust business; Number of offices owned by Northern in Florida;...
- Northern trust shedding futures brokerage, moving clients to spear leeds unit. Chase, Brett // American Banker;4/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 63, p5
Reports that in order to concentrate on other operations, Northern Trust Corporation is getting out of the futures brokerage business. Amount of customers that will be transferred to First Options of Chicago Incorporated, a unit of Speer, Leeds and Kellogg of New York; Comments made by David R....
- New for Northern: int'l, hedge funds. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/15/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p84
Presents information on the diversified investment offerings of Northern Trust Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Goal to retain the affluent customer base; Offer of advice on non-traditional investments.
- Northern Trust broadening investment reach. Waddell, Melanie // High Yield Report;07/13/98, Vol. 9 Issue 28, p1
Reports on plans by Northern Trust Company to expand in the area of investment. Plans by the company to launch two high yield funds and a common trust fund in 1998; Reference to the name change of its Benchmark Institutional Funds; Details on the company's plans for building its investment...