Bedside menus at NYU Medical Center
- Hospital settles with feds for $15.5 million. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the fine paid by the New York University Medical Center to settle charges that the hospital had overcharged the government for research costs.
- Howard A. Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York City. S.E. // Health Facilities Management;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p23
Reports that the Rusk Institute at New York University Medical Center features a unique Glass garden which offers a botanical oasis in the heart of the city. Access for patients; Availability of a horticultural therapist; Average number of visitors annually.
- NYU settles fraud suit. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;04/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p20
Reports that the New York University (NYU) Medical Center settled the healthcare fraud lawsuit against it by paying out $15.5 million during the week of April 6, 1997. Significance of the settlement; Details on the charges against NYU Medical Center; Why NYU decided to settle the lawsuit. ...
- At awards fete: NYU Med. Ctr. pulls out stops for 250. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p12
Reports on New York City University Medical Center's hosting of a buffet dinner for the 1997 awards presentation of the Societe Philanthropique. Dinner menu offered at the event; Facilities of the medical center; Food service at the medical center.
- N.Y. Presbyterian talks partnership. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;7/17/95, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p17
Reports on the partnership needs of New York City-based Presbyterian Hospital. History of financial difficulties; Effect of state reduction of Medicaid payments on Presbyterian; Discussion of nonmerger options with New York Hospital and New York University Medical Center.
- 20/20 hindsight. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;2/25/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the effort of Lenox Hill Hospital and New York University Medical Center in New York City and Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut to handle cases of anthrax infections. Challenges faced by Griffin Hospital administrators during the occurrence of an anthrax case; Role of the New York...
- Birth of an idea. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;6/26/95, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p6
Reports that the New York University Medical Center is creating a new birthing center, a first at a major New York City teaching hospital. Description.
- Alzheimer's patients needed for clinical study of new drug. // Geriatrics;Aug94, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p16
Reports that the New York University Medical Center is recruiting Alzheimer's disease patients for an advanced clinical study to evaluate the effectiveness of sabeluzole to slow progression of the disease. Qualifications for entry into the study; Contact information.
- Medicaid cut binding rich, poor hospitals. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;2/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the impact of the New York state budget on Medicaid spending and the operation of the state's hospitals. New York University (NYU) Medical Center's share from the federal program; HHC's Bellevue Hospital Center; Threat to NYU's commitment to teaching and patient care; Cost of medical...