- Perimeter Security Market Worth $17.7 Billion by 2018. // Sensors;1/17/2014, p1
The article offers information on the "Perimeter Security Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)" by market research firm MarketsandMarkets which focuses on the growth in the industry with technological advancements.
- Security Industry Teams With IT to Promote Security Management. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the partnership of the security systems industry with information technology (IT) to promotes security management in the U.S. Demand for the rapid rate of technological development and deployment for effective management; Formation of the Open Security Exchange group; Focus of the...
- HOW SECURITY DEALERS REALLY FEEL ABOUT BIOMETRICS. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p105
The article discusses the views of systems integrators and security equipment manufacturers about biometrics-based access control systems. It focuses on pricing and adoption trends in the United States. The article reports on some systems integrators' claim that they use biometrics only rarely...
- Building on a Solid Foundation. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the effects of technological innovation on the security systems industry in the United States. Benefits of innovations; Aid in the recovery from the September 11 terrorist attacks; Survey of several industry leaders.
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p60
Features several products in the security systems industry in the U.S. Pushbutton 1000 Series Anti Spy Shield; Bomb Mitigating Trash Receptacle; VIR Motion Detector; Low Voltage Detector for solar applications.
- 2010 Innovators. Stephenson, Peter // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p36
The article discusses what it takes to be in the periodical's 2010 Innovators. According to the author, companies need to take the security business as seriously as security technology. He mentions that being an innovator demands innovation. Most of the 2010 Innovators say they looked for niches...
- THE POWER IN THE BOX. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p62
Reveals eight trends that make today's alarm control panels more powerful and functional than ever. Network connectivity; Video and audio alarm verification; Easier-to-use keypads; Built-in light sensors. INSET: What Dealers Wish Panels Could Do.
- Technology innovations will be key growth driver of electronic security industry. // Electronics Bazaar;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the key drivers on the expected growth in the electronic security and surveillance market in India, such as technological innovations and the quality of products.
- The Race to the Bottom & Rocket Ride to the Cloud. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p130
The article presents the author's views on the developments in video surveillance technologies. He reflects on how the prices of video surveillance technologies decline rapidly due to emerging technologies. He examines low-cost Internet protocol cameras which are reportedly changing the security...