- Perimeter Security Market Worth $17.7 Billion by 2018. // Sensors;1/17/2014, p1
The article offers information on the "Perimeter Security Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)" by market research firm MarketsandMarkets which focuses on the growth in the industry with technological advancements.
- Security Industry Teams With IT to Promote Security Management. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the partnership of the security systems industry with information technology (IT) to promotes security management in the U.S. Demand for the rapid rate of technological development and deployment for effective management; Formation of the Open Security Exchange group; Focus of the...
- HOW SECURITY DEALERS REALLY FEEL ABOUT BIOMETRICS. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p105
The article discusses the views of systems integrators and security equipment manufacturers about biometrics-based access control systems. It focuses on pricing and adoption trends in the United States. The article reports on some systems integrators' claim that they use biometrics only rarely...
- Building on a Solid Foundation. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the effects of technological innovation on the security systems industry in the United States. Benefits of innovations; Aid in the recovery from the September 11 terrorist attacks; Survey of several industry leaders.
- Happy New Year! Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the near-term growth opportunities in the security industry in 2011 in the U.S. It indicates that opportunities can be found in both technology solutions and services. Moreover, it mentions that monitoring technologies and remote access to security and video data are...
- New-Found Energy, Attendance at ISC East. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p20
Information about several topics discussed at the ISC East event and conference at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City in October 2008 is presented. Topics include the display of various technological innovations in the sound and security system and seminars on the security...
- THE POWER IN THE BOX. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p62
Reveals eight trends that make today's alarm control panels more powerful and functional than ever. Network connectivity; Video and audio alarm verification; Easier-to-use keypads; Built-in light sensors. INSET: What Dealers Wish Panels Could Do.
- Semiconductors. // Electronic News;8/8/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2026, p66
Reports that at the heart of National Semiconductor's iPower security technology strategy is the CG16 central processing unit (CPU). Applicability to environments requiring embedded security chips.
- FIRE PANELS: APPEALING TECH MAKES YOUR JOB EASIER. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p99
The article focuses on fire alarm "intelligence" for small facilities, integration, and wireless technology in the United States. It presents an overview of the fire alarm market in the country. The article highlights the technological innovations in fire alarm panels and the changes in the way...