- A Purpose Based Usage Access Control Model. Lili Sun; Hua Wang // International Journal of Computer & Information Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p44
As privacy becomes a major concern for consumers and enterprises, many research have been focused on the privacy protecting technology in recent years. In this paper, we present a comprehensive approach for usage access control based on the notion purpose. In our model, purpose information...
- It's the Concept. Johnson, Jordan W. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 42, p4
Discusses the technological options for computer security managers. Management of access control systems; Option of leasing facilities; Practice of assigning logistic expenses and responsibilities.
- LETTERS. Haab, Greg; Burton, Kelly; Kleinman, Kayza // InfoWorld;7/24/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Unauthorized Applications (Still) a Bad Idea," in the July 14, 2006 issue.
- ON THE Line. Skoudis, Ed; Poor, Mike // Information Security;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p32
Evaluates five network-based inline intrusion prevention system (IPS) appliances. Intrusion Prevention Sensor 4255 Series from Cisco Systems; Preventia Network Protection Appliance G400 from Internet Security Systems; Defense Pro from Radware; 3D System Intrusion Sensor 3000 from Sourcefire;...
- Viruses, schmiruses? Southgate, Liam // Building Design;1/20/2006, Issue 1705, p25
The article provides tips for computer security. Keylogger programs are gaining popularity as the most viable virus installer since it can be spread via electronic mails and instant messages. Thus, computer networks must adopt integrated and holistic strategy. All firms must also manage their...
- Security Awareness. Stone, Adam // IEEE Internet Computing;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p9
Discusses several aspects of Internet security. Routing protocols; Internet Protocol telephony security; Detection of intrusion.
- Clarity or Conspiracy? Heiser, Jay G. // Information Security;Oct2006, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the limited knowledge of information security professionals about information risk and security. It contends that building a technical infrastructure to control external attacks is a challenge for the industry. It suggests that a comfortable level of technical control over...
- Passwords have finally reached their sell-by date. Schifreen, Robert // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Dec2004, p12
This article presents a narrative of how passwords affect issues of systems security. In 2004, the author received a couple of disturbing emails from a company. The first said that its technical support person is no longer affiliated, and the second email said that a member of its staff had...
- ACC, CIDX Publish Cybersecurity Guidelines. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;6/4/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the move of the Associated Chemical Companies and the Chemical Industry Data Exchange (CIDX) to publish guidelines on cybersecurity. Risk-based strategies being suggested by the document; Number of the code's management practices; Function of the CIDX.