Cable's March Madness
- News 12 debuts new service. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/16/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p49A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s New 12 network's launched of News 12 Interactive, a service that allow subscribers to customize the news to their interests and obtain additional content. Plans of the company to launch the service on iO or Interactive Optimum digital cable in Long Island,...
- Take That Verizon. // CableFAX Daily;2/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the increase in the speed of the high speed cable television services offered by cable services firm CableVision to its customers starting February 2006. Amount being charged for the increase; Information on the premium service offered by the company to its customers.
- Business Pricing:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p2
Provides information on the financial implication for Cablevision when it allow its cable television subscribers to pay the same price as residential customers. Reason for the approach to pricing business services; Willingness of businesses to pay premium for business service.
- News12 Web site cuts cord to non-subscribers. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/24/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 41, p4A
Reports that News12.com, the web site of the cable news network based in Long Island, New York, is removing its free-access policy and is excluding non-subscribers. Terms of the subscription policy of cable company Cablevision; Continuation of emergency information services.
- Ratings Potpourri: USA Ready to Rumble, Cable Off to Strong Start. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article presents news briefs in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 30, 2005. Projected rating of WWE wresting upon its return on cable television is presented. Cable share increased compared to broadcasting. Cable company Adelphia has filed a 3rd amended plan of...
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.