Flix Moves Into SVOD Territory
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p92
Presents a list of subscription video-on-demand offerings in the U.S. for April 2005 from Home Box Office, Showtime Networks Inc., Starz Encore Group LLC, Her TV!, Playboy TV, Uncensored On Demand, World Picks on Demand and WWE 24/7
- Showtime Enters Second SVOD Phase. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p13
Reports on the plan of Showtime Networks Inc. to move from overall awareness to trial usage and differentiate between the benefits of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) and digital video recorders. Remarks from Geof Rochester of Showtime on the world of marketing SVOD; Number of subscribers of...
- VOD is viable. Garvey, Steve // Image Technology;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p27
The article discusses the development of video-on-demand (VOD). The four major costs associated with deploying a VOD solution are enumerated. After overviewing the reliability of VOD, the author recommends ways of VOD integration to core existing services. Integration of a network PVR product to...
- Disney Launches MovieBeam On-Demand Video Service. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the launch of MovieBeam video-on-demand service from Walt Disney Company's Buena Vista Datacasting unit in 2003. Key features; Statement issued by Tres Izzard, general manager of Buena Vista Datacasting; Costs of service.
- It's Showtime for subscription VOD. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p2
Introduces the subscription video-on-demand service by Showtime Networks Inc. Relations with the cable channel programming and theatrical film releases; Combination between the aired in-house productions and theatrical fare; Uncertainties in the pricing.
- Showtime's No Fan of Free SVOD Fare. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p45
Reports the deployment of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD)b by Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S. Request of the company for operators to charge the SVOD; Statement regarding the price charge of SVOD by executive vice president Mark Greenberg; Conduction of focus-group research on SVOD by...
- Video-on-demand: just another window? Kagan, Paul // Boxoffice;Jan2007, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p116
The article presents a perspective on the development of video-on-demand services in the U.S. To theater owners, it is no small matter that whenever cable has negotiated for film rights. According to the author video-on-demand really has no tangible price of admission. Furthermore, operators use...
- A study of exotic Long Island reveals stubborn attachment to primitive linear TV. Strauss, Matthew // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Focuses on a study conducted by Sapient Research in Long Island, New York concerning video-on-demand services. Reasons behind the slow adoption of VOD; Suggestions on the promotion of VOD; Potential use of free-on-demand model in VOD services.
- CBS adds online channels. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/7/2014, pA02