PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Vocal on Local. Robins, J. Max // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p6
Talks about the News Technology Summit, hosted by "Broadcasting & Cable" and "Broadcast Engineering" magazines, in Dallas, Texas in 2006. Emphasis of the event on the state of local news; Presentation on the decline in local and network news-viewing patterns; Discussion on the challenges of...
- Parlamento en TV. Salas, Leticia; Navarro, Fidela // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;mar/abr2009, Vol. 21 Issue 115, p45
No abstract available.
- History in the making at confab. Jennings, Sheri // Variety;12/12/2005, Vol. 401 Issue 4, p29
This article focuses on the fifth World Congress of History Producers for history documentary producers, held in Rome, Italy from December 1-4, 2005. History documentaries are becoming popular because of the increasing diversity in new media and the diminishing boundaries between genres. The...
- Technical briefs from the global community. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the Interactive Show-case session at the News World Conference in Barcelona, Spain. Features of Sky News Active, an interactive television transmission from BSkyB; Details on the CNN Interactive concept; Use of OpenTv and Media Highway platforms by TV Catonia.
- Just a glorified trade fair. Brown, Maggie // New Statesman;9/5/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4756, p15
Discusses the conference of television executives in England in 2005. Comments about the conference and the speeches that were made; Comparison to previous conferences; Assumption that the festival has changed in spirit and focus; Lack of quality in television programming.
- Internationals Take the Stage. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1
This article reports on the convention held by the National Association of Television Program Executives in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2007. More than 132 international exhibitors attended the convention. While U.S. distributors were selling deals based on new hit series to outlets overseas,...
- Deals fly as Discop closes. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/23/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 55, p10
Information about the Discop event in Budapest, Hungary is presented. Buyers of television programs from Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel took part in the event. Cecilia Hazai, managing director of Twin Media, observes that the channels offered specialized programs at the event....
- TV Execs Discuss Trends, Disarray. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. Tim Herbert, senior research director for the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), observes a 46 percent decline in the prices of digital television displays, which have seen significant...
- Tech Strikes a Chord at TV Confab. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. It was observed that television industry leaders are testing the consumer appeal, economic feasibility and technology of several new devices. Their goal is to find a device that would be found...