- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p40
Presents a list of television programs and movies to be offered on subscription video-on-demand service of cable networks across the U.S. in January 2004. Offerings of Home Box Office; Programs from Showtime Networks Inc.; Movies to be aired by Starz Encore Group LLC.
- SHOWTIME SLATE SHIFT. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;7/30/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that there will be slate shift for television programs at Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S.
- Starz heats up brand iron. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/29/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 64, p5
Reports on the plan of John Malone's Starz Entertainment Group LLC to rebrand all of its 13 pay television networks in the U.S. Incorporation of seven networks under Encore brand; Establishment of the Encore Westerns and Encore Mystery brand; Attachment of the Encore label to four other...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p9
Presents news briefs in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Marketing campaign launched by DirecTV to drive up penetration of digital video recorders; Total number of fiber-to-the-home communities; Reorganization of the corporate communications department of Starz...
- Briefs. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/13/2001, Vol. 366 Issue 48, p10
Presents news briefs related to the movie and television industry in the United States as of February 13, 2001. Appointment of John Carrabino as executive vice president of the management division of Catch 23 Entertainment; Actors and actresses hired by Showtime Networks to become members of...
- On-Demand Helps 'Wire' Viewership. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that video-on-demand is becoming a big part of the value of premium networks, both to subscribers and to cable operators in the U.S. HBO's experiment with making new episodes of The Wire available on-demand before they premiere on the network has helped build viewership for...
- Tech speeds to SVOD. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p26
Reports on cable television networks' announcement of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) models that will allow consumers in the United States to access television programs as many times as they want for a monthly fee. SVOD technology's demand for more storage capacity, faster operation and...
- Targeting With VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Presents updates on the convergence of video on demand (VOD) technology and one-to-one advertising in the cable television industry the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Plan of VOD technology providers to test targeted advertisement insertion into a VOD stream; Information on advertisement targeting;...
- Outdoor Channel Gets Into VOD Next. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
Focuses on the plan of independent programmer Outdoor Channel to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) offering in the U.S. Preparations of the company in entering the VOD market; Benefits of VOD service to be provided by the company to audiences; Estimated number of subscribers of the network.