ESPN Broadband Goes 360
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Bout Tout. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p21
The article reports that ESPN Inc. has started airing the boxing series "The Contender" on its ESPN 360 Web site. It states that the show will be presented on the site until the final fight on September 26, 2006. Furthermore, the semifinal fights will also be shown online through ESPN Motion on...
- Big East pacts with ESPN. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/30/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 41, p18
The article reports that ESPN Inc. has renewed its deal with the Big East Basketball Conference for another six years through the 2012-2013 season. The network has affirmed to cover every intra-conference basketball game on at least one of its networks and platforms. Under the agreement, there...
- ESPNU Gets Off to a Small Start. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p52
Presents information on the launch of ESPNU, a sports-oriented TV network which will offer live college-sports events from existing ESPN football, basketball and other National Collegiate Athletic Association rights agreement, on March 4, 2005. Media service organizations that will carry the...
- Athletes keep doping, but the backdrop stays clean. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p19
Reports on the media coverage of Great Britain on the 2004 Greece Olympics. Absence of advertisements on the live broadcast coverage of the games; Consideration of the Olympics as logo-free; Presentation of companies who have paid millions just to link their names to the Olympic ring.
- Under Review. Wertheim, L. Jon; Bechtel, Mark // Sports Illustrated;6/14/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p26
This article reviews the television broadcasting of this year's French Open tennis tournament. The Americans' ghastly performance at the French Open applied to television networks as well. ESPN's "coverage" in Paris was a comedy of unforced errors. A match was truncated to accommodate the...
- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- ESPN2 adds sports news block. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/96, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p41
Reports that ESPN2, a sports news service in the United States is planning to improve its sports news programing elements. What ESPN2 will premiere in July 1996; Details on additions made by ESPN2; Effects of new programing block.
- ESPN doubles game plans. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 30, p49
Reports on the plan of ESPN to double the number of pay-per-view college football telecasts in fall 1996. Availability of more than 100 out-of-market games to cable, wireless cable, and satellite operators.