The Evolution of VOD
- Promised land still on hold for U.S. McLean, Thomas J. // Variety;2/13/2006, Vol. 401 Issue 13, pB4
Reports on the status of the mobile video market in the U.S. as of February 13, 2006. Percentage of cellular telephone users in the U.S. who subscribe to mobile video services; Impact of price on the growth of the market in the country; Comparison of the mobile video market in Europe with the U.S.
- Survey Says VOD Movies Could Rule. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p46
Focuses on a survey conducted by the company Lieberman Research Worldwide regarding prospects of video on demand (VOD) in the market. Percentage of consumers in favor of VOD to watch a motion picture; Awareness regarding VOD among cable and satellite subscribers; Need to educating consumer...
- Local Fare is VOD Gold. Riley, Jim // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p40
Discusses how cable television operators in the U.S. have used video-on-demand (VOD) in their marketing initiatives. Significance of the advertising campaign spearheaded by the Cable & Telecommunications Association to differentiate cable from direct-to-broadcast satellite; Ways by which cable...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p1
Reports on an announcement of Comcast that it has surpassed 1 billion video on demand (VOD) program views. Titles of the most watched VOD program and the most watched kinds program; Digital subs of the mature markets using VOD in the previous 90 days.
- Have Good Content, Will Watch Ads. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p38
Discusses the viability of video-on-demand (VOD) as an advertising medium. Vital step towards legitimizing VOD as a viable revenue stream; Factors that are increasing the use of VOD as an advertising medium; Advantages provided by VOD advertising.
- A study of exotic Long Island reveals stubborn attachment to primitive linear TV. Strauss, Matthew // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Focuses on a study conducted by Sapient Research in Long Island, New York concerning video-on-demand services. Reasons behind the slow adoption of VOD; Suggestions on the promotion of VOD; Potential use of free-on-demand model in VOD services.
- TV broadcasters vie for piece of the Rs 4,600 crore digital VoD market pie. // Exchange4media.com;11/20/2015, p1
The article discusses the "Digital Advertising in India" report of IAMAI and IMRB International on the growth of the over-the-top video on demand content market.
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.
- Ops Look to 'Playlists' To Unlock Ad Potential. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the packaging of advertisements with free on-demand content in the United States. Video-on-demand advertising is becoming popular. It shaves the lead time needed to place advertisements from weeks to as little as a few hours. Dynamic VOD advertisements also help track...