Cablevision Revs Up Auto VOD Classifieds
- iO Gets an Interactive Facelift. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p4
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has begun to roll out a new guide to interactive optimum customers. Motive for the move; Critical element of a successful digital-cable service; Core categories of Cablevision.
- ITV across the pond. Grotticelli, Michael; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p42
Elaborates on the increase in the popularity of interactive television (ITV) in Europe. Number of subscribers of OpenTV interactive service; Factors contributing to the slow acceptance for ITV in the United States; Release of a set of broadcasting standards for ITV.
- Interactive tube's future looks hazy. Grove, Christopher // Daily Variety;07/21/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 33, pA2
Reports on issues and developments concerning interactive television. View of Michael Thomson, research director at Interactive Institute in Sweden, that interactive television offers little promise since it is best suited for passive viewers; Potential of interactivity seen in the computer...
- Cablevision Goes Wide With ITV, EBIF. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p40
The article reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s distribution of Zodiac Interactive interactive television (ITV) platform throughout New York.
- Enriching ITV Options. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p52
Focuses on the advantages of the Interactive Optimum (IO) digital-cable service offered by Cablevision Systems Corp. to its subscribers. Features of the IO service; Availability of the IO service; Improvements made by the company to its services.
- Erratum to: Exploiting smart spaces for interactive TV applications development. Saleemi, M.; Díaz Rodríguez, Natalia; Lilius, Johan // Journal of Supercomputing;Dec2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p1617
A correction to the article "Exploiting smart spaces for interactive TV applications development" published in a previous issue is presented.
- ITV Time's Coming -- No, Really. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the plan of Cox Communications Inc. officials to announce the launch of interactive television services supplied by MetaTV Inc. Features of customer-service applications to be offered by Cox; Aim of Cox in the move it made; Change in the definition of interactive television.
- U S West offers branded shopping service. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;8/1/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 32, p16
This article reports on US Avenue, a branded shopping service to run across various new-media platforms, launched by Interactive Video Enterprises Inc., a unit of US West Inc. The service will be tested as part of a US West interactive TV project in Omaha, Nebraska, in the fourth quarter. It...
- At last, t-commerce. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Reports on the actions made by Cablevision Systems Corp. and Chyron Corp. that could increase the acceptance and popularity of interactive television (ITV) services in Long Island, New York. Cablevision's completion of ITV pilot program; Roll-out of ITV devices; Chyron's development of ITV...