Rainbow Expands VOD Vision
- 'UNCENSORED' OVER THE RAINBOW. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the launch of Rainbow Media's Uncensored on Demand video-on-demand (VOD) technology by Cablevision. Categories of content of the VOD; Media used by Cablevision in its marketing campaign for Uncensored on Demand; Features of the service.
- Rainbow Hopes 'World Picks' Clicks With MSOs. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p8
Reports on the launch of World Picks foreign-language subscription video on-demand (SVOD) services by Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. in November 2003. Languages available in the video on-demand services; Reason for developing the services; Features of the SVOD services.
- Mag Rack Racks Up Subs For VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8D
Focuses on Mag Rack, the video-on-demand (VOD) service launched by Rainbow Media Holdings in the U.S. market in 2000. Explanations from Matt Strauss, executive vice president and general manager; Subscribers to the VOD service; Details of how the VOD service works.
- Building Demand for On-Demand. Churchill, Rick // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p56
Reports on the efforts of Rainbow Media Inc. to shape the video-on-demand (VOD) frontier of the company. Focus of Sportskool which was launched as a free-on demand service; Content of the video magazines offered by the on-demand service Mag Rack; Efforts of IFC On Demand to complement with Mag...
- Rainbow's new colors. Thompson, Anne // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/25/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 26, p1
This article reports that Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. is moving toward the first day-and-date releases of independent films in U.S. theaters and video-on-demand (VOD). The Cablevision-owned company is working to acquire independent films at such international festivals as Cannes and Toronto in...
- Mag Rack Campaign on Track. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p48
Reports on the plan of Rainbow Media Holding Incorporated's Mag Rack unit to roll out its first consumer marketing campaign in December 2004. Highlights of the campaign; Remarks from Mag Rack general manager Dan Ronayne; Video-on-demand services offered by Mag Rack.
- Rainbow Adds an 'E' Before VOD. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p9
Reports on exclusive video-on-demand services launched by Rainbow Media Holdings. Comment from Josh Sapan, president of Rainbow; Features of the service.
- Sapan Says Exclusive VOD is Key for Cable. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p6
Reports the launching of the exclusive video-on-demand (VOD) by the Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. during the Kagan VOD Summit in New York. Introduction of special interest lifestyle programming with interactive elements; Development of exclusive VOD franchises; Emergence of free VOD strategies.
- Sapan's VOD View Stresses Originality. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p40
Focuses on the content of the video-on-demand (VOD) services of Rainbow Media Holdings in the U.S. Features of the Mag Rack VOD service; Concern of young viewers on VOD content; Importance of technological innovations on VOD service providers.