Disney, ESPN Prep New VOD Strategy
- Disney Melds Global Units. Lewis, Christian // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p10
The article reports on the consolidation of Disney's several divisions which include its movies division, television shows, and children's programs. According to the author, the consolidation is part of the effort to streamline distribution into various platforms including satellite, cable,...
- Video-on-demand. Rose, Sarah // Campaign;3/30/2007 Supplement, p13
The article presents information on the television programs of Channel 4 shown on video-on-demand (VOD). It is stated that VOD enables people to watch television on their own terms. It is mentioned that millions of Channel 4 programmes have been watched on demand through the TV and PC, and the...
- Channel 4 plans on-demand service to safeguard its future. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;1/12/2006, p3
This article reports on the plan of Channel 4 to launch a video-on-demand service that allows viewers to go online for access to some of its TV programs. The broadcasting company intends to increase its investment in new media for 2006, increasing the amount it spends on external commissioning....
- Mouse dials up demand. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;12/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the emphasis of the Walt Disney Co. on video-on-demand, syndication and cable in the U.S. Chief financial officer Tom Staggs said that Disney has already seen large numbers from on-demand offerings of "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost." The studio took a hit on films last...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 108, p2
Reports on the success of the video streaming of Walt Disney Channel's "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" television serials on June 1, 2006. Statistics posted by the effort; Other plan of Walt Disney.
- NBC GOES VOD. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;4/2/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p28
Reports on the inclusion of NBC television shows already on iTunes in the Comcast video-on-demand lineup in 2006. Addition of "Scrubs" to the list of NBC programs on iTunes.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- HD VOD takes center stage in on-demand world. Robuck, Mike // CED;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on the increasing demand of high-definition (HD) video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. HD VOD is the spearhead of Comcast's VOD strategy, where it plans to offer more than 1,000 HD movies, television (TV) shows and other viewing choices by the end of 2008. Time Warner...
- FIOS DEBUTS DISNEY CHANNELL CONTENT. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p12
The article reports that Verizon's fiber optic services video on demand television (FiOS VOD TV) will debut "The Cheetah Girls: One World," on August 19, 2008 before it premiers on Disney Channel. FiOS also has premiered Disney Channel's "Disney Channel Games" and "Camp Rock" earlier this summer...