BEHIND THE CURTAIN: 10 YEARS OF 'REAL SPORTS'
- Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. Glynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;12/30/2005, Issue 856/857, p134
The article reviews the television program "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel."
- TO KNOW LIST T6: Wake up the echoes. Garner, Tricia // Sporting News;11/17/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 46, p5
This article offers a look at the music computer program iTunes, which according to the article offers podcasts of the games of college football teams including Southern California, Notre Dame and Michigan through CSTV. According to the article, the podcasts also include sports-themed television...
- THIS I GOTTA SEE. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;3/5/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p11
This article presents a listing of recommended televised sporting events and programs for the week of March 3, 2007. Included on the list is a contest between the National Basketball Association's Los Angeles Lakers and the Phoenix Suns, the new sports television program 'The Missing Link," and...
- Black Sportscasters Up For Sports Emmy Awards. Hoffman, Melody K. // Jet;3/31/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p50
This article focuses on nominations made by the National Television Academy for the 29th Annual Sports Emmy Awards. It is reported that cable networks HBO and ESPN have the most nominations, including the shows "Inside the NFL" and "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" and the Black sportscaster...
- After 20 Years, 'Real Sports' Still Hits Hard. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p34
The article reports that according to veteran TV journalist Bryant Gumbel, the mission of the television show "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" to cover the issues, personalities and controversies of the sports world has not changed since its launch in 1995.
- Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (TV program). // Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 2, pA52
Reviews the television program "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel," hosted by Bryant Gumbel.
- THE ZAPPER. // Sports Illustrated;10/15/2001, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p22
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting of sports, as of October 2001. Decision by the Fox network to discontinue use of a computer-generated yellow line that indicates how far a team must go for a first down during coverage of the National Football League (NFL); Plans for a...
- THIS I GOTTA SEE. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;1/22/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p6
This article presents a calendar of sports events for the week of January 22, 2007. The television program "Pros vs. Joes" will run a 10-hour marathon in which professional athletes compete against amateurs. The National Football Conference and the American Football Conference Championship games...
- Under Review. Deitsch, Richard; Morrill, Julia; Kennedy, Kostya; Bechtel, Mark // Sports Illustrated;11/3/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 17, p32
This article focuses on sports commentator Michael Irvin of Sunday NFL Countdown and a profile of Ed Agre on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. While you can argue that Irvin's previous TV work didn't amount to much (basically he'd been a regular on Fox Sports Net's Best Damn Sports Show Period),...