Discovery Adds Two Hispanic Networks
- The most flattered network. Frutkin, A. J. // Brandweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR22
Focuses on the U.S. cable television network BBC America which is distributed by Discovery Network. Television program that enabled the success of BBC America in the U.S.; Information on the different television programs aired by BBC America; Number of homes reached by BBC America; Problems...
- The Television Mystique. Frank, Reuven // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p5
Discusses the reasons why people take pride on being shown on television. Experience of the author on being congratulated because he was seen on television; Information on the presence of television sets in the U.S.
- Lower the visual volume. // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p10
Argues that there is too much extraneous information being crammed into television screens in the United States. Snipes; Crawling text at the bottom of the screen; News alerts; Bloomberg News channel with its several pieces of graphic noise.
- Mr. Gates Goes Electronic: The What And Why Questions in Local TV News. Harmon, Mark D. // Journalism Quarterly;Winter89, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p857
Discovers the what and why questions in local television news in the U.S. Identification of two common themes in the existing contradictory research on local television news; Values in traditional news; Problem with the traditionalist approach.
- Family-friendly station is up and running. Mylchreest, Ian // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;9/27/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the launch of the new television station KEEN 17 owned by Total Living Network. Schedule of the first broadcasting; Components of the programming; Plans for expansion of local programming.
- The push for DTV conversion. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the efforts of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the Congress to promote a speedier conversion to digital television service. Requirement for all television stations to convert to digital settings; Reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act; Filing of a...
- Evolution of the server. // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Announces the launching of the V-Server Evolution for television broadcasters. Features and functions of the product.
- Budgeting for HD: The post equation. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the challenges to budget the costs of broadcasting high definition television in Europe. Explanation by industry experts about why HD will take longer; Production costs of HD; Direct comparison of HD with SD technology in the television program "Holby City,". INSET: D5 the master at...
- Ready deals. Lunden, Ingrid; Kemp, Ian // Total Telecom Magazine;Jan2007, p25
The article reports on the decision of British Telecom (BT) to launch its television services. BT hopes to differentiate itself from other providers by focusing on customers' increasing predilection for on-demand services, with pricing expected to be in the region of Â£5 for a football match...