Cable Nets Pick Up Younger Viewers
- Soap bubbling up for Disney. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;04/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the ratings success of the Soap Net, a division of Walt Disney Corp., in the United States. Rank in primetime among all basic-cable networks in women 25-54 for the first quarter of 2001; Composition of the network's primetime schedule; Expected growth in the number of subscribers.
- Cable programmers reap high July ratings. // Adweek Western Edition;8/14/95, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the ratings gained by broadcast networks in the United States for the first three weeks of July 1995. Nick at Nite; Lifetime; USA Network.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Worrell, Naomie // Television Week;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p59
Presents data on mass media ratings in the U.S. from September 12 to 18, 2005. Weekly prime time ratings; Top ten basic cable television programs; Top ten basic cable networks.
- Cable's young love. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the broadcasting success of The National Network (TNN), The Hallmark Channel and Cable News Network's Heal Line News in the United States. Percentage of viwers' rating in TNN 'World Wrestling Federation' wrestling and 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' among adults; Increase of viewers...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 168, p2
The article presents information on the ratings of some television programs and cable television networks in the U.S. in August 2006. Three of HBO's television series has experienced a decline in viewership. For the season, viewership for "Deadwood," "Entourage" and "Lucky Louie" has declined....
- Industry Ratings War a Losing Battle. // Television Week;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p8
The article reflects on the reaction of the television broadcasting industry to the plan of Nielsen Media Research to provide ratings for commercials in the U.S. Cable networks claimed that there are flaws on the generation of data. The ratings would require the industry to improve audience...
- CABLE BUILDS A BIGGER STABLE. Frankel, Daniel // Variety;12/1/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on television programs in development for U.S. cable television networks. Subscription organizations such as HBO, AMC and TNT are developing a significant amount of new programming. The activity in cable television is contrasted with the broadcast networks, which are subject...
- Women's cable networks. // Advertising Age;2/27/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p4
The article provides information on cable TV networks catering to women in the U.S. The networks are: Lifetime, Dish Network, Oxygen and Women's Entertainment (WE). Ratings from 2004 to 2005 are stated, for Lifetime, Soapnet, Oxygen and WE. For 2006, WE will return with the programs Bridezillas...
- RATINGS Wizard. Krukowski, Andrew // Television Week;12/10/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p14
Several charts of weekly prime-time television ratings in the U.S. are presented, including leading television programs, cable television ratings, and leading cable network ratings.