BARBARA HOLLY, ALABAMA DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS: Making Corrections
- Foodservice tallies growing rate of executive turnover amid economy's turbulence. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the growing rates of executive turnover in foodservice industry in the U.S. according to the study conducted by "Nation's Restaurant News" and Dallas-based "People Report."
- Welfare reform no panacea for labor-strapped employers. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p66
Reports that since August 1, 1997 the Washington Restaurant Association has attempted to link King County and Spokane County participants in the state's WorkFirst program with openings at member restaurants. Welfare recipients' reactions to foodservice employment; Real opportunity for former...
- On Personal Networking. Barnier, Richard // Information Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the role of professional association in improving professional and personal networking. Relationship with business associates; Offer of Association of Information Technology Professionals of personal and professional networking; Advantage of being a member of an association.
- MEETINGS. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p67
Reports that the Couples/Long Beach-South Bay, a social/informational organization for people in a relationship, is celebrating its anniversary.
- Plots, Personnel, and Relationships: More on the Introduction of Narrative Ideas in Human Service Organizations and Other Systems. Juba, Dwight Steven // Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal;Jun1998, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p195
In a follow-up to Juba (1997), the author suggests how a direct service practitioner can use Gustafson's (1992, 1995) concept of plot to help introduce narrative ideas within human service organizations and other systems. A general procedure is described and the concept is used to help...
- Human Relations: These Approaches Can Succeed. Dirlam, Karen S.; Buchanan Jr., Roland L. // Educational Leadership;Oct74, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p22
Discusses various approaches to conduct human relation programs for improvement in human relations environment in educational institutions. Reference to the implementation of the programs in Madison Public Schools in Madison, Wisconsin. Techniques used in the dialogue-inquiry approach;...
- Q: Is it appropriate to develop friendships with members? // Association Management;Apr94, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p20
Answers an inquiry concerning the extent of friendly relations among members of an association. Response submitted by Hugh Webster of Webster, chamberlain and Bean of Washington, D.C.
- Sizewise. // Association Management;Nov96, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p74
Presents ideas pertaining to small associations. Options which can keep mailing cost down; Suggestions on how to reduce monthly utility bills within a publication, by the United States Department of Energy; Listing of cost-cutting hints for food and beverage functions, by the Hospitality Sales...
- Frischkorn departs EIA. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;2/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p1
Reports that Allen `Mike' Frischkorn Jr. resigned as president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Environmental Industry Associations. Reason for Frischkorn's resignation; Information on the board; Reference to the make over of the organization in December 1993.