Lunch Funding Retained
- Schools learn how to serve breakfast. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 27, The Breakfast Journal p24
Focuses on the increase in the number of students who are eating breakfast at school, according to the United States Department of Agriculture and the Food Research Action Coalition. Significance to school foodservice directors and dietitians; Factors contributing to the growth.
- Obesity tops school woes. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p41
Reveals the findings of the "2005 Operations Survey Report" on challenges facing school foodservice directors conducted by the School Nutrition Association between January to March. Food options offered by a majority of school districts at all levels; Rates of increase in meal prices;...
- Not just for holidays. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the turkey products offered at school cafeterias in the U.S. Information on the processing of turkeys purchased by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and distributed to school food service operators; Types of turkey products preferred by school children; Ways of preparing turkey meat.
- School Districts Struggle with Elements of New Meal Regs. // FoodService Director;2/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
Several charts, statistics, and tables are presented in support of the struggle school districts are facing with the elements of the new meal regulations of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); recipes including Roasted Turkey Over Pear and Strawberry Salad with Orange Vinaigrette,...
- NAIS "Business Plan" Coming. Roybal, Joe // BEEF;Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p48
The article reports on the plan by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) to sign a cooperative agreement with the American Angus Association (AAA) in the U.S. The arrangement states that AAA will conduct animal identification (ID) educational efforts which include on-site discussions through its...
- Improving school lunch grades. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the efforts of the United States Department of Agriculture to improve the food served at schools. School lunches' meeting of nutritional guidelines; Issue of serving more whole grains; Setting up of fast-food restaurants on school grounds; Question of schools being required to offer...
- USDA Announces New Standards for School Meals. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/25/2012, p7
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) launch of new school meal standards, requiring students to have access to both vegetables and fruits everyday.
- School Lunches Get a Makeover. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p14
The article focuses on the changes of lunch menus in schools under new regulations of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- USDA's subsidized-meal-program certification to undergo review. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the expected review by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) of the process the federal government uses to certify the eligibility of school students for free or reduced-price school meals as of October 2002. American School Food Service Association's letter to the Office of...