Packing It In
- Packing It In. // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p40
Indicates that nearly two-thirds of foodservice operators in the U.S. use foam containers, while just over one-quarter use plastic containers and just under one-quarter use paper containers. Comments from Tom Driscoll, foodservice director at the University of Oregon in Eugene; Benefits of the...
- Bioplastics show packaging promise. Falkman, Mary Ann // Packaging Digest;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the increase in interest in the use of bioplastics in packaging, as evidenced during the Interpack trade show held in Dussedorf, Germany. Impact of the high prices of crude oil and conventional plastics on the increase in interest in bioplastics; Efforts of the International...
- THE NEW PLASTIC. H. P. // YES! Magazine;Winter2009, Issue 52, p62
The article provides an answer to a question if there are plastic containers that are safe for food and drinking.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p24
The article shares ideas from executives in the foodservice industry. JuliTracy, nutrition educator at the Pennsbury School Director in Fallsington, Pennsylvania, says that they are celebrating the Go for the Greens national nutrition initiative every March. The use of a plastic bag with a lip...
- Plastic packaging--the heat is on! Forcinio, Hallie // Prepared Foods;Nov93, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p86
Focuses on customized plastic containers that meet specific shelf life, barrier and hot fill needs of prepared foods. Heat resistant polyvinyl chloride; Convenience in handling of plastics; Development of the polyethylene naphthalate; Packaging applications; Recycled content polyethylene...
- `Bioplastic,' a new form of biodegradable plastic... // Prepared Foods;Nov93, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p92
Reports on the development of bioplastic, a biodegradable plastic. Non-use of toxic byproducts; Recycling through the use of enzymes.
- Budget Ballpark Eats. // Food Management;Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p46
The article offers news brief related to food management in the U.S.. It notes that family-friendly package deals and ethnic offerings has been offered by Aramark Corp. at the Angel Stadium and Shrimp Roll at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. Delaware North Companies Sportservice has opened...
- Mayo moves to PET blow/trim jar. // Packaging Digest;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Unilever PLC has selected blow-and-trim polyethylene terephthalate (PET) jar from Amcor PET Packaging for its Hellmann's mayonnaise line. Unilever's reason for converting to PET jar; Benefits of the blow-trim production procedure; Reasons why consumers prefer plastic containers.
- Fashionable domes. // Packaging Magazine;4/22/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the introduction of a range of hinged salad containers by Tri-Star Plastics Inc. in Great Britain. Sizes of the containers; Expectation of boosting salad sales; Feature of a stacking rim to prevent sliding off the shelf.