- The Menu that Roared. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p30
National Association of College and University Food Services' (NACFUS) prestigious Loyal E. Horton Awards Competition takes the measure of the country's finest college dining programs. Ashland University, a private school nestled in Ohio's rural Amish community, surprised more than a few...
- UM-Flint to Start Dining Program. // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the initiation of an on-campus dining program to complement new student housing by the University of Michigan in Flint, Michigan. An initiative that will require students living in the new residence hall to purchase a $1,300 a semester meal plan was approved by the...
- Major: Meals. // Newsweek;2/5/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p8
Reports that, as of February, 2001, some colleges are providing healthy late-night dining options for students. Study of undergraduate traffic patterns, which show that students are often up late; Availability of salads and smoothies at Stanford University.
- A little India on Third Avenue. Haggins, Jon // New York Amsterdam News;12/07/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 49, p30
Recommends the Vatan Restaurant in Manhattan, New York, for diners interested in Indian cuisine. Description of the interior; Sampling of the menu; Contact information.
- INDIAN SUMMER. Maroukian, Francine; Barzilay Freund, Anthony // Town & Country;Oct2006, Vol. 160 Issue 5317, p98
The article features the oven-to-table pans ideal for Indian cuisine from Le Creuset, including the karahi Indian wok and the tawa shallow skillet with side handles.
- N. Iowa sales up. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the increase in the transaction counts at Rialto Towers at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls since the upgrade of the dining services in 2005. Changes in the dining services; Food being served at the residential dining unit; Percentage of students who eat-in at the...
- Eating out, Punjabi style. // India Today;6/7/2010, p38
A review is offered for several restaurants in India offering Punjabi food, including Bukhara in New Delhi, Moti Mahal Delux in Daryaganj and Pind Balluchi in Rohini.
- THE CITY'S BEST INDIAN. Farrell-Green, Simon // Metro (NZ);Sep2007, Issue 314, p118
Reviews are offered for several restaurants in Auckland, New Zealand offering Indian food including, Bombay Classic, Satya, and Taste of Fiji.
- Putting a spin on Indian cuisine. Stackhouse, Geoffrey; Dobbie, Mike // BRW;03/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p95
Profiles Australian restaurateur Bob Singham and his efforts to re-invent Asian and Indian dishes and rethink the entire Asian dining experience. The atmosphere at his Curry Club Cafe; Australians seen as tired of traditional Indian restaurants; Service and good staff critical to the success of...