Continuing the Journey
- No Cost Room Service? Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
This article describes a strategy being used by the Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon to implement a cost-neutral room service. Under the supervision of Howard Traver, foodservice director at the Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon, the program has succeeded. It involves...
- fat City. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p40
The article features several restaurant at the Tamiami Trail in California. The Bay Leaf Cafe offers comfort food such as beef goulash served with potato pancakes. A lists of daily dinner specials is placed on a big blackboard on the side wall of the cafe. Walt's Fish Market is a longstanding...
- NJ medical center keys on basics for pre-select menu. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Reports that as a result of actions taken by Newcomb Medical Center in Vineland, New Jersey, the food service budget was trimmed considerably. Nature of the actions taken by the medical center; Amount of money saved by these actions; Reduction in the cost of raw food; How director of food and...
- CHAPTER EIGHT: FINAL TASKS. Arduser, Lora // Food Service Professionals Guide to Food Service Menus: Pricing ;2003, p139
Chapter Eight of the book "Food Service Menus Pricing and Managing the Food Service Menu for Maximum Profit: 365 Secrets Revealed" by Lora Arduser is presented. It discusses topics related to the life cycle of menu items, raising prices at food service establishment and menu planning. It...
- Menu development and analysis in UK restaurant chains. Jones, Peter; Mifli, Mazalan // Tourism & Hospitality Research;Jul2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on a study which focused on menu development and analysis policies and practices in seven of the top food service chains in Great Britain. Approaches to menu development; Definitions of the word menu; Systems proposed for menu engineering; Overview of practice in each of the food...
- FIVE TRENDS TO WATCH FOR. // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p12
Presents trends in food service management. Means of offering comfort food favorites; Establishment of technical credibility in food services; Promotion of seasonal menus to consumers.
- UPDATES. Herreras, Mari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, pB1
The article discusses the changes made to LeMolo Cafe and Deli in Wenatchee, Washington by the new owners Zeb Postelwait and his wife Emily. The couple changed the homemade breads for the sandwiches and their prices increased between 30 and 40 cents. Other changes were made in the kitchen to...
- Fixed price meals are a tradition at local eateries. Farwell, Jennifer // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/28/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p32
Focuses on the tradition among New Orleans, Louisiana-based restaurants of offering fixed price menus. Information about fixed price offerings in restaurants; Price range of fixed price meals; Examples of fixed price menu offerings of various local restaurants.
- L'ETRANGER. Wood, Joanna // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/2/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4339, p32
Features the London, England-based restaurant L'Etranger. Menus offered at the restaurant; Prices of the food served in the establishment.