Taking a Plunge
- Introspection and Innovation. King, Paul // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p18
The article focuses on the impact of the current U.S. economic crisis on the healthcare foodservice in the country. Hospital foodservice directors are having to find innovative ways of dealing with shortfalls. Geisinger Health System reported the biggest single-year increase in the cost of food...
- Buffets boost hospital retail. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p6
Reports on an increase in the retail revenue of the buffet food service at Saint Cloud Hospital in Minnesota. Views of nutrition services director John Christiansen on the buffet food service; Cost of the buffet for breakfast and lunch; Percentage of the increase in food costs for the buffets.
- Better bedside manner. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the status of the food service for patients at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville following the initiated program for bedside ordering system of the medical center. Remarks from senior director Karl Suckley on the program; Duty of the catering associates;...
- Price Points. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p60
The article discusses food pricing that is suitable with the economic conditions. It notes that some food operators have increased their prices while other have found creative ways to go around it. The Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California for example had to increase their...
- AS PATIENT CONTACT RISES: Food costs plunge in Vermont. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the impact of substantial changes in patient feeding at a hospital dining facility on food costs in Vermont. Factors that led to the change; Dishes served at the facility; Effect of the change on patient satisfaction.
- Online. Thompson, Annette // Southern Living;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p52
Provides Web sites selling holiday foods. Price of turduckens, a Louisiana-flavored meal; Promotion of Hogwash; Availability of equipments for frying birds.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.