Takin' it to the streets
- Franchising for Growth and Expansion. McClaine, Elayne P. // Desi Talk;5/30/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p33
The article presents the author's views on franchising that help a business to grow with a relatively low capital investment.
- A Perfect Fit: Why the Franchising Sector is Attractive to Private Equity Firms. Murphy, Paul F. // Franchising World;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p23
Reports that partnering with a private equity firm may provide franchise owners with an alternative to monetize earned equities in their businesses. Examples of buyouts between private equity firms and franchisors; Reasons for the appeal of franchising as an investment opportunity; Growth...
- When the growing gets toughâ€¦. Lord, Simon // NZ Business;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p72
The author comments on franchises in New Zealand. According to the author, franchises go through cycles of growth and consolidation like other businesses. He emphasizes the importance of outlet growth in building market share and strengthening the group. He adds that by taking the right...
- RBG swings into franchise mode. // FoodService Director;9/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
This article reports on the appointment of Bob Fuller as new vice president of franchise development at Retail Brand Group LLC (RBG) as part of efforts to franchise its signature concepts. His credentials include 25 years of working with franchises and corporate real estate, his hiring signals...
- RBG to debut in Dallas. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on a franchise agreement entered into by Retail Brand Group (RBG) LLC with RQ Concessions, which will operate coffee bars in the Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport in Texas. Background on RBG; Retail units to be opened by RQ at the airport.
- The hidden pitfalls of joint venture partnerships. SPANDORF, ROCHELLE // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p12
The author looks at the disadvantages of joint venture (JV) partnerships in the restaurant sector. She cites some reasons for the strategic alliances including combining complementary strengths and brand owner seeking investors or experienced operators to replicate the restaurant concept in a...
- Wanted: disgruntled shop bosses. Searle, Robin // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/26/2006, Issue 2718, p6
The article reports on the search of Travel Counsellors of agency owners to join its franchise scheme in Great Britain. The firm also recruits owners and unsettled consortia members who can employ their own staff under the new scheme. Travel Counsellours chairman David Speakman believes that the...
- The Shifting Sales Paradigm: Private Equity, Multi-Unit Developers, Joint Ventures. MAZERO, JOYCE; GILBERT, JAN // Franchising World;Mar2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses franchises' shift of their growth strategy to operators such as multi-unit developers, joint ventures and private-equity firms. The interests and priorities of sophisticated franchise operators are explored when it comes to selecting franchise partners are explored,...
- Focus: Franchise. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p65
Presents advice from franchisors and franchisees on what to expect from partnerships. Includes insights from Mark Siebert, president of Francorp; Michael Evans, chief executive of BAB Systems, Inc.; Bryan Applefield, president of Goldco Inc.