Takin' it to the streets
- Franchising for Growth and Expansion. McClaine, Elayne P. // Desi Talk;5/30/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p33
The article presents the author's views on franchising that help a business to grow with a relatively low capital investment.
- Sodexho Hits the Streets. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of contract management firm Sodexho to form a wholly-owned subsidiary company called the Retail Brand Group LLC in the U.S. Plan of Retail Brand to open several company-operated and franchise restaurants; Retail concepts offered by retail Brand; Significance of the deal.
- Hot Concepts. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p106
The article features Retail Brand Group LLC, a subsidiary of Sodexho Inc. based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, which owns fast-casual dining concepts and manages more than 450 locations across the country. Its portfolio includes Jazzman's Cafe, Pandini's , Salsa Rico, Pete's Arena, Sky Ranch Grill...
- A Perfect Fit: Why the Franchising Sector is Attractive to Private Equity Firms. Murphy, Paul F. // Franchising World;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p23
Reports that partnering with a private equity firm may provide franchise owners with an alternative to monetize earned equities in their businesses. Examples of buyouts between private equity firms and franchisors; Reasons for the appeal of franchising as an investment opportunity; Growth...
- When the growing gets toughâ€¦. Lord, Simon // NZ Business;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p72
The author comments on franchises in New Zealand. According to the author, franchises go through cycles of growth and consolidation like other businesses. He emphasizes the importance of outlet growth in building market share and strengthening the group. He adds that by taking the right...
- RBG swings into franchise mode. // FoodService Director;9/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
This article reports on the appointment of Bob Fuller as new vice president of franchise development at Retail Brand Group LLC (RBG) as part of efforts to franchise its signature concepts. His credentials include 25 years of working with franchises and corporate real estate, his hiring signals...
- RBG to debut in Dallas. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on a franchise agreement entered into by Retail Brand Group (RBG) LLC with RQ Concessions, which will operate coffee bars in the Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport in Texas. Background on RBG; Retail units to be opened by RQ at the airport.
- The hidden pitfalls of joint venture partnerships. SPANDORF, ROCHELLE // Nation's Restaurant News;11/4/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p12
The author looks at the disadvantages of joint venture (JV) partnerships in the restaurant sector. She cites some reasons for the strategic alliances including combining complementary strengths and brand owner seeking investors or experienced operators to replicate the restaurant concept in a...
- The Shifting Sales Paradigm: Private Equity, Multi-Unit Developers, Joint Ventures. MAZERO, JOYCE; GILBERT, JAN // Franchising World;Mar2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses franchises' shift of their growth strategy to operators such as multi-unit developers, joint ventures and private-equity firms. The interests and priorities of sophisticated franchise operators are explored when it comes to selecting franchise partners are explored,...