Long-term care seeks quick fixes
- Mitch Possinger. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p32
The article presents an interview with Mitch Possinger, President of Pittsburgh-based Cura Hospitality. When asked about the importance of sustainability and purchasing of local foods, he preferred seasonings from around the world and incorporating them in dishes. Possinger comments that the...
- Site seeing. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/16/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p36
Features the Cura Culinary College operated by Cura Hospitality Inc. of Orefield, Pennsylvania. Number of students who finished their culinary education in 2004; Mission of the culinary education program; Profile on the food service company.
- Cura to banish trans fats. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p16
The article presents an interview with Mitch Possinger, president of Cura Hospitality. He cites his experience of working with Nick Jacobs, CEO of Windber Medical Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania, on removing trans fatty acids from all hospital menus. The goal was achieved through the use of...
- Cura intros cure for lifestyles. // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on the Lifestyle Dining program launched by Cura Hospitality in the U.S. market in August 2005. Features of the program; Remarks from Mitch Possinger, president of Cura, regarding the program; Impact of the dining program on the company's financial performance.
- TrustHouse acquires Cura. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/1/2015, p1
The article focuses on acquisition of dining services and elderly health care service provider Cura Hospitality by foodservice company TrustHouse Services Group and adds that Cura will be led by founder Mitch Possinger and report directly to TrustHouse's President Brian Poplin.
- Nurturing the Next Generation. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p22
The article features the high school culinary program offered by the University of New Hampshire Dining Services. Aspiring chefs from the Seacost School of Technology in Exeter have participated the program. These students were able to worked side by side with the dining services staff to...
- In Ohio: Sauteing Together. Demarest, Michael // Time;5/21/1979, Vol. 113 Issue 21, p8
The article focuses on the increasing interest in gourmet cooking in Columbus, Ohio. The author mentions the credit classes in French, Chinese, Italian and German cuisine offered by the Ohio State University. He also states that the local chapter of the International Wine and Food Society is...
- MUSICAL CHAIRS. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Dec2010, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p64
The article features chef Michael Schafer of Sydney's, an upscale table d'hÃ´te restaurant at the Forks in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Schafer has completed a culinary apprenticeship program at George Brown College in Toronto, Ontario before becoming a cook in Las Brisas restaurant in Venezuela....
- WOLFGANG, CHANG AND YOUR OWN AVENGERS OF EATING. Baum, Gary // Hollywood Reporter;11/15/2013, Issue 40, p52
The article reports on the popularity of celebrity-chef collaborative dinners in Los Angeles, California in 2013. Chef Wolfgang Puck teamed with Roy Choi David Chang for a high-priced dinner at Hotel Bel-Air held during the summer, featuring dishes such as Santa Barbara spot prawns with sea...