FADE TO BLACK
- Get shorty! Soter, Tom // SHOOT;03/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p19
Highlights the development of short animated films in the United States. Nomination of the seven minute film `Bunny,' produced by Chris Wedge of Blue Sky|VIFX, in the Academy Awards' Best Animated Short Film category; Use of short films for testing graphics software and hardware.
- Originals Fuel Blue Sky Forecast. // Variety;12/10/2013 Supplement Eye on the Oscars: Animation & the Writer,
The article focuses on the animated film studio Blue Sky. The studio's 2013 film "Epic" is discussed in terms of its advanced computer animation techniques and of Blue Sky's ability to produce one animated film each year despite having fewer employees than other animated film studios. Chris...
- (Chris Wedge). Torday, Daniel // Esquire;Dec2003, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p167
Features Chris Wedge, owner of the computer animation company Blue Sky Studios in White Plains, New York. Details on the projects of Wedge; Animation techniques at Blue Sky; Inspiration of Wedge for the "Robots" motion picture.
- 15 Minutes with... Peter Chung. // Animation;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9/10, p30
An interview with director Peter Chung is presented. When asked about how he got involved with the computer generated (CG) film "Firebreather," he mentions that he did visual development and designed the main characters and the environment, which made Cartoon Network like his creation. He...
- The Short List: Oscars 2013 Edition. // Animation;Dec2012, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p42
The article briefly reviews several animated short films that were produced in 2012 and 2013 including "I Saw Mice Burying a Cat," directed by Dmitry Geller, "Fear of Flying," directed by Conor Finnegan and "Some Actions Which Haven't Been Defined Yet in the Revolution," by Sun Xun.
- Wedge turning over new 'Leaf' Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;9/24/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 58, p3
The article reports on the commitment of Fox Animation Studios Inc. to produce and finance the animation from the book "The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs," which will be directed by Chris Wedge. It notes that the project was developed after the conflict over the project by Pixar, Blue Sky...
- And the winner is ... Blue Sky's 'Bunny'. Kaufman, Lauren // Westchester County Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p15
Reveals that director Chris Wedge's film `Bunny' won the award for `Best Animated Short' at the 71st Annual Academy Awards presentation, held in Los Angeles, California. Product of Harrison, New York-based Blue Sky Studios; Wedge's discussions with major movie personalities.
- Between the Covers. Zahed, Ramin // Animation;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses upcoming books related to animation and vfx which may prove interesting to the readers. In March, readers will get film director, Chris Wedge's new CG feature, Robots. Nicely penned by cartoon expert Amid Amidi, The Art of Robots takes readers behind the scenes of the...
- Get Your Motor Running. // Popular Mechanics;Mar2005, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on motion picture director Chris Wedge's latest film, "Robots," is a digitally animated adventure. The film, which cranks into theaters this month, tells the story of Rodney Copperbottom, a plucky inventor-robot who journeys to Robot City in the hopes of meeting his idol, Big...