fields & frames
- 2012 Equipment, Concessions & Services Guide. // Film Journal International;Aug2012, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p41
A list of major theatrical equipment and concession manufacturers and service companies is presented which includes American Cinema Equipment Inc., American Licorice Co. and Bay Area Cinema Products.
- GDC TECHNOLOGY. // Boxoffice;Oct2016, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p61
The article offers brief information on the SX-4000 Standalone IMB and XSP-1000 Cinema Processor from GDC Technology.
- NEW FEATURES FOR USL CINEMA PROCESSOR. // Cinema Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p11
The article features the USL JSD-60 digital cinema processor.
- Tech to watch. D'Alessandro, Anthony // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, pA2
Features movie theater products on exhibit at the 2005 Showest exposition in Las Vegas, Nevada. Light emitting diode (LED) signs from Billboard Video; Dolby Laboratories' Screen Talk subtitling system; Panasonic DW-7000 digital projector; THX D20 Digital Network Crossover Monitor.
- QSC. // Boxoffice;Oct2016, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p64
The article offers brief information on the DPM Series Processor/ Monitor, a audio signal processing solution for D-Cinema audio systems from QSC available in two models the DPM 100 and the DPM 100H.
- CINE-SATION BRINGS NOVEL APPROACH TO MOVIE SEAT VIBRATIONS. // Film Journal International;Mar2015, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p30
The article evaluates the movie going technology Cine-Sation from Motion Picture industry technology manufacturers Moving Image Technologies, an interview with publisher of DCinema Today Bill Mead and a chart showing the occupancy rate and revenue of seats for various Immersive technologies at...
- A Bigger Picture. Jones, Charlotte // Film Journal International;Oct2014, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p54
The article focuses on an increased global use of premium large-format (PLF) cinema screens. Topics include countries with the highest PLF screen count, including Canada, China, and Brazil, the decline of Imax digital screens in comparison to PLF screens, and the use of PLF screens for 3D motion...
- Movies Disrupted: Birth of New Business Models. Keene, David // Digital Signage Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses logic and logistics of narrowcasting to the lobbies of movie theaters. It notes that providers of large digital cinema projector in the market cross-market and leverage their strength in providing big and small cinema screens with images. It serves as a disruption to the...
- SLOW PROGRESS. González, Roque // Film Journal International;Nov2012, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p74
The article focuses on the digital cinema growth in Latin America and how screen digitization varies by country. The author explains that virtual print fees (VPFs) are being privately negotiated in Latin America, discusses the slow growth in countries including Colombia, Peru, and the Caribbean,...