BREAKING THE COMFORT ZONE
- DVS' dedicated Dl team. // TVB Europe;Aug2005, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Reports on Digital Video Systems' (DVS) strengthened feature-set of Clipster to enhance the digital intermediate (DI). Clipster's provision of conforming, versioning and film finishing tools for both editors and colorists; OpenFX plug-in interface of Clipster which accepts a huge range of...
- IT-based HD steps up. Marinov, Stoyan // TVB Europe;Jul2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p28
The article examines the challenges encountered with transition from secure digital to high definition (HD) channels in PC-based Information Technology systems. The role played by IT in promoting the use of MPEG-4 H.264/Advance Video Coding (AVC). Key information about the operational...
- Digital HD & on-site editing. White, Ian // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2005, p18
Focuses on the emergence of digital video and high definition formats of television broadcasting. Discussion on on-site editing and color grading; Information on some high definition cameras used for television production; Comment from some television production experts on trends in on-site editing.
- Budget HD to follow DV. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Jun2004, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the adoption of high definition video (HDV) for television production in Europe. High-definition images captured using HDV technology; Reasons for broadcasters for opting for HDV; HDV camcorders suitable for television production.
- TrendWatch on HD adoption. // Video Systems;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
Reports on trends in high-definition (HD) technology and production. Demand for HD; Production elements required in HD; Barriers to entry for HD.
- HD production gets on track in Europe. West, Janet // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p18
Focuses on the high definition (HD) television production firms in Europe. Adoption of the HD/24p universal mastering format by television networks; Reasons for the scarcity of HD television equipment; Projects being shot on HD/24 p format.
- More than pretty pictures. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the growing popularity of high definition (HD) production in the United States television broadcasting sector. Decision of HD Vision to use HD 1080/24p camera; Trends in HD production; Cost effectiveness of HD production.
- High-definition wake-up call. Polyocan // SHOOT;05/23/97, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p4
Examines the efforts by United States television production companies related to high definition television. Need for the television networks to agree on a basic format; Discussion of high definition television at the National Association of Broadcasters; Cost issues that would be considered by...
- Hi-Def Starts With Film. Gillen, Scott // SHOOT;04/14/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p4
Comments on developments related to high definition television (HDTV) in the United States as of April 14, 2000. Implications for television commercial production; Limitations of HDTV technology.