- TECHNIQUES FOR MOVING TYPE. Meyer, Trish // DV: Digital Video;Jan2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
The trend for motion graphics designers is to create dynamic text animation that will engage the audience and wow the client. In the article, the author focused on creating a variety of common techniques, such as handwriting, typing on text, spy effects and text as texture, for digital video....
- Illusions of Grandeur. Robertson, Barbara // Computer Graphics World;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p18
One of the most imaginative films of 2003 "The Triplets of Belleville" has risen from the ashes of what some people have bemoaned to be a dying art, that is, 2D feature animation. By taking advantage of at least one unique quality of 2D animation, the freedom to exaggerate, Sylvain Chomet's film...
- Like Lightening. McEachern, Martin // Computer Graphics World;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p24
Despite the capabilities of state-of-the-art animation software and talented computer graphics artists, starring roles in weekly live-action television shows have been virtually non-existent for digital characters. This is because of the daunting production logistics and formidable creative and...
- Storyboard. // Televisual;Apr2008, p21
The article presents animated television advertisements and programs in Great Britain. These include Chrysler's "Listen to You" spot jointly directed by Picasso computer graphics teams Finkbom and tokyoplastic. Another is "Brainfood" by Original Concept for Discovery Emerging Markets. And Pepper...
- Searching for the new grail. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;7/27/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 17, pA3
The article discusses the trend of digital performance in the world of animation. There are several techniques of computer graphics and visual effects. Topper of Sony Pictures Imageworks, Tim Sarnoff, said that there is an urgent need to improve the technique of digital performance. Another...
- Image Quality versus Usability. Feeley, Jim // DV: Digital Video;Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p2
This article shares the author's thoughts about the image quality of digital videos. After a comparison of the image quality of every standard-definition video format, the author comments that uncompressed video looked best. Most viewers would see little noticeable difference between D-Beta,...
- Digital videography capability growing by leaps and bounds. Safran, Marc // Ophthalmology Times;1/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p33
Points out that dramatic leaps and bounds are occurring in the area of digital videography. Decreasing prices; Ability to capture vibrant, high-resolution images; Advantages in using digital video; Various levels of nonlinear editing software; Hardware; Resources.
- DVD STUDIO PRO 3. Harrington, Richard // DV: Digital Video;Apr2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p56
Provides tips for users of Apple Computer Inc.'s authoring software, DVD Studio Pro 3. Transfer of MPEG-2 and Audio file into the DVD Studio Pro; Compression of the audio file; Process of making a slide show.
- Worldwide Forecasts for Commercial Computer Graphics Applications. // Computer Graphics World;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Presents worldwide forecasts for commercial computer graphics applications as of May 2003.