ASC, ACE: Kudos to Collaborators
- Panavision and the ASC Salute Moore and Koenekamp. Pizzello, Stephen // American Cinematographer;Apr2005, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p142
Reports on Panavision Inc. and the American Society of Choreographers' recognition of cinematographers Richard Moore and Fred Koenekamp. Major accomplishments in the field of cinematography.
- Coolidge fetes editor. Kimmel, Daniel M. // Daily Variety;10/6/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the selection of Oscar-winning film editor Thelma Schoonmaker to be the fourth recipient of the Coolidge Award presented by Boston independent arthouse, the Coolidge Corner Theater in Massachusetts. Schoonmaker may participate in lectures and discussions about her work and...
- LEVINSON MAKES CUT FOR ACE NOD. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;2/6/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 49, p19
Reports the recognition of the American Cinema Editors on the craftsmanship of Filmmaker Barry Levinson in Hollywood, California. Schedule for the honor presentation; Career background of Levinson; Achievements and attainments.
- GOLDEN TOUCH. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;02/23/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 59, pC1
Reports on the American Cinema Editors' (ACE) presentation of its 2001 Golden Eddie Award to film director Robert Zemeckis. Presentation of the award to Zemeckis by friend Steven Spielberg; How the award honors directors who have advanced the art of cinema by taking risks; Zemeckis' career...
- THE AVIATOR. // CinemaEditor;2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p58
The article analyzes a breakfast scene from the film "The Aviator," directed by Martin Scorsese and edited by Thelma Schoonmaker. It also offers a discussion on each of the scene's shot and editing. The author expresses his appreciation on the editing of the scene and the movie in general, and...
- HUGO: The Invention Of Thelma Schoonmaker, A.C.E. Keller, Susan Marie // CinemaEditor;2011 4th Quarter, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p54
The article features the collaboration between director Martin Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker on the creation of the motion picture "Hugo." Schoonmaker says that Scorsese has always been a big fan of 3-dimension (3D) and they reviewed a number of 3-D movies before the "Hugo" project...
- The Art and Craft of Film Editing. // Cineaste;Spring2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p54
The article presents a symposium on film editing. Film editors Richard Chew and Anne V. Coates comment on the perception of film editing by motion picture audiences and the use of jump cuts. Film editor Walter Murch discusses the value of patience and musical rhythm as qualities for film...
- Eddie race ends in tie. Seif, Dena // Daily Variety;2/20/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 37, p8
The article on the recipients of the American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards held at the BevHilton in Los Angeles, California. "Babel" editors Stephen Mirrione and Douglas Crise tied with "The Departed" editor Thelma Schoonmaker for dramatic feature film. An award was received by Virginia Katz for...
- THE AVIATOR. // Daily Variety;1/7/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 8, pA16
Highlights the editing work of Thelma Schoonmaker in Martin Scorsese's film "The Aviator". Her working relationship with Scorsese; Challenges in editing the film.